Dinner for Tuesday, August 20th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
A friend brought us a whole smoked trout on Sunday, so I'm going to try something new tonight. I'm thinking of making lasagna with provolone mornay sauce, sauteed zucchini (I have lots), mushrooms, and some of the smoked fish.

DH will be leaving in the morning for the rest of the week so I'm thinking of pulling out some of the bacon wrapped pork filets I have in the freezer and serving them with some rice and broccoli.

I had a pizza for lunch so I'm still pretty open for tonight's dinner.
I'm hot and I'm still full, so maybe beer and a peanut buster parfait.

Peanut Buster Parfaits go with anything.
Or is it the beer...

A friend brought us a whole smoked trout on Sunday, so I'm going to try something new tonight. I'm thinking of making lasagna with provolone mornay sauce, sauteed zucchini (I have lots), mushrooms, and some of the smoked fish.
You're going to cook the smoked trout. :ohmy: Is it hot or cold smoked? I hate trout, but I have had cold smoked trout and it was wonderful.

Hmm, beer would go good with the chili I'm making. Chili is "cold-weather" food to me but Himself loves it, and we have the A/C on so I'm cool enough. I also have a glut of limes that I still haven't used. Didn't make margaritas last night so we WILL have some today. I have a nice ripe cantaloupe for dessert we'll have with a bit of vanilla ice cream. Ice cream goes with anything - wonder if pac wants a scoop for his beer? :LOL:

We will probably have a large salad with the rest of the chicken from that rotisserie chicken I bought at Costco.

I'm going to throw a couple steaks on the grill and will cut up some tomatoes from the garden to have on the side.

So far, a mess of steamed home grown green beans with butter and balsamic. We're kinda full right now, maybe something else later, a progressive dinner.

Pork chop with eggplant parmesan

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 133
Tonight is Vegetable Lo Mein with scallions, ginger, garlic, and mushrooms.

Well, this actually turned out pretty good. The smoked fish by itself was kind of salty, so I didn't add much salt to the white sauce. Add a little homemade bread and a bottle of Chardonnay, and we had a nice meal.

img_1293316_0_562fd61f0b43eab389f285a91e04d4e0.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom