Dinner for Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vitauta said:
which egg noodles will it be, dawg--wide or thin?:)

fond childhood food memories sure can evoke a ravenous appetite--like a flash of lightening, out of the blue....:yum::pig:

Will check the expiration dates! DH went through a period of buying No Yolk Wide Noodles, we have quite a collection...

Ha! Have Amish wide noodles! So wide it is.

Last edited:
A salad of shredded napa cabbage, daikon, scallion and grape tomatoes. Simple vinagrette dressing. White rice. Chicken breasts cooked with a bit of a sesame type sauce.

Will check the expiration dates! DH went through a period of buying No Yolk Wide Noodles, we have quite a collection...

Ha! Have Amish wide noodles! So wide it is.

it seems that dh has packed your pasta pantry with his favorites!:) you still letting him loose in the supermarket like that?:)

I put chicken breast in the crock-pot with tomato sauce, vegetables and seasonings. I'm going slice the chicken and have it atop rigatoni noodles with the sauce and veggies.

Last edited:
I just had a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I really don't eat big dinners, though, except for holidays and the occasional big meal. Usually it's sandwiches or some type of soup.

Just made and ate the Clementine and Five-Spice Chicken from Feb. issue of Eating Well. Highly recommended for anyone who likes Asian flavors...absolutely scrumptious. And easy. I've now had the one serving I'm allowing myself and struggling not to eat the whole pan!

Quite cold here in spite of being sunny and clear. I spent a great part of the day grocery shopping and running errands. For tonight's dinner I made a nice big pot of split pea soup with smoked ham hocks, then cornbread and butter, and iced tea. Homemade raspberry pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Just made and ate the Clementine and Five-Spice Chicken from Feb. issue of Eating Well. Highly recommended for anyone who likes Asian flavors...absolutely scrumptious. And easy. I've now had the one serving I'm allowing myself and struggling not to eat the whole pan!
That really sounds good! I love orange chicken. I have never made that, but I've had it from take-out, so I'm sure I would love what you had for dinner.

Attachments

• DSC00219.jpg
    DSC00219.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 171
Dinner Tonight

For tonight's dinner I made a nice big pot of split pea soup with smoked ham hocks, then cornbread and butter, and iced tea. Homemade raspberry pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Did my invitation get lost in the mail? Where are the leftovers? :)

Orange Chicken

I've had it from take-out, so I'm sure I would love what you had for dinner.

Vanilla: Was just thinking that, while this dish is much lighter than you'd find in a restaurant, it's also way tastier. A definite keeper. Now I'm trying to go watch the Iowa Caucuses and stay away from leftovers. Life is hard! :ohmy:

Tonight it's leftover lemon/white wine chicken breast, sliced, in a salad of green leaf lettuce, sweet onion, and grape tomatoes. Tossed with a Dijon/red wine vinegar/balsamic vinaigrette. Crusty baguette on the side.

Back
Top Bottom