Dinner for Tuesday, November 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making something with chicken breasts. Yea I know it's so close to Thanksgiving to be eating poultry, but I am so unmotivated to think of anything else to make.

Allen, did you move? I thought you were in Michigan?

We're having Chicken here too Amber :) .... I didn't even think about it being another poultry.....oh well to late now its already thawed out. I think we'll have BBQ Chicken Leg Quarters, Skillet Beans (Baked Beans), Leftover Cole Slaw.

I'm taking it easy today and tomorrow .... have enough "on my plate" in just getting the house clean. It's only a couple of weeks between when I cook Thanksgiving dinner and my Christmas party, so I'm saving myself! I, too, am in the camp of avoiding poultry until after Thanksgiving. I already made chicken stock to supplement the drippings from the big bird (about 20 1/2 lbs or so) Tonight will be something made with ground beef. I think hubby wants burgers or something like that (more like a patty melt). We've taken to eating a salad an hour or so before dinner, and that agrees with both of us. Tommorrow hubby says he will polish silver. I will run errands -- the last minute booze run, pick up the laundry, etc. So cooking will take a back seat so we can get it all done before I start the Cooking Marathon on Thursday. Hubby also said he had his major carbs for lunch instead of supper, so the burgers will probably be open faced.

Pork chops marinated in apple cider, roasted butternut squash, and buttered egg noodles. I'll probably break into my Thanksgiving cranberry sauce I've made since I like it with pork, too.

Tonight is leftover whatever is in the fridge night to help clear things out for food shopping tommorow. I'm not sure what I'll make, but if nothing else, I'm sure that I'll be able to come up with some kind of wacky omelette:)

I'm doing Carne Asada in Mojo Marinade with Pico de Galo.
Toppings of sour cream, shredded lettuce and Monterey Jack cheese - and maybe just a dash or two of hot sauce ;-)

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer....................

No food tonight. No work tomorrow, so it's officially cocktail hour. I'm meeting friends in the city for pre-holiday beverages.

I think I'll stick with bourbon tonight.

I want to eat at PA's house or at cookmex's place. Basically I want to eat anywhere I dont' have to cook tonight. BAH!

"One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer"
I like the way you think, Vera. In fact, I may have to listen to George for a while tonight.
We have leftover pizza and Texas More in the fridge, which we will finish off tonight. Kim is worn out...he worked all day, then went to Sam's and the SuperWalmart to do our shopping. Tomorrow, we cook.

Constance said:
"One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer"
I like the way you think, Vera. In fact, I may have to listen to George for a while tonight.
We have leftover pizza and Texas More in the fridge, which we will finish off tonight. Kim is worn out...he worked all day, then went to Sam's and the SuperWalmart to do our shopping. Tomorrow, we cook.

I'll have one for you and Kim tonight!

Well, I made the clam chowder. I had to use a different brand of bacon, and a different brand of clams. I guess the stuff I've always used up in MI isn't available down here in OK. I could taste a difference in the end product. So could PeppA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom