"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 11-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
Executive Chef
Dinner for Tuesday, November 21st?

I'm thinking about making my clam chowder recipe. I know PeppA will love it.

Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
Executive Chef
I'm making something with chicken breasts. Yea I know it's so close to Thanksgiving to be eating poultry, but I am so unmotivated to think of anything else to make.

Allen, did you move? I thought you were in Michigan?

amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Executive Chef
Shoot. I don't know. All I'm thinking about is Thanksgiving. We still are working at the leftover soup, we'll probably have that.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
Master Chef
We're having Chicken here too Amber .... I didn't even think about it being another poultry.....oh well to late now its already thawed out. I think we'll have BBQ Chicken Leg Quarters, Skillet Beans (Baked Beans), Leftover Cole Slaw.
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
Executive Chef
Cullen Skink (a fish soup) with home-made granary bread.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #6
Master Chef
I'm taking it easy today and tomorrow .... have enough "on my plate" in just getting the house clean. It's only a couple of weeks between when I cook Thanksgiving dinner and my Christmas party, so I'm saving myself! I, too, am in the camp of avoiding poultry until after Thanksgiving. I already made chicken stock to supplement the drippings from the big bird (about 20 1/2 lbs or so) Tonight will be something made with ground beef. I think hubby wants burgers or something like that (more like a patty melt). We've taken to eating a salad an hour or so before dinner, and that agrees with both of us. Tommorrow hubby says he will polish silver. I will run errands -- the last minute booze run, pick up the laundry, etc. So cooking will take a back seat so we can get it all done before I start the Cooking Marathon on Thursday. Hubby also said he had his major carbs for lunch instead of supper, so the burgers will probably be open faced.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
Master Chef
Pork chops marinated in apple cider, roasted butternut squash, and buttered egg noodles. I'll probably break into my Thanksgiving cranberry sauce I've made since I like it with pork, too.
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #8
Head Chef
Tonight is leftover whatever is in the fridge night to help clear things out for food shopping tommorow. I'm not sure what I'll make, but if nothing else, I'm sure that I'll be able to come up with some kind of wacky omelette
"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:53 PM   #9
Assistant Cook
I'm doing Carne Asada in Mojo Marinade with Pico de Galo.
Toppings of sour cream, shredded lettuce and Monterey Jack cheese - and maybe just a dash or two of hot sauce ;-)
cookmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #10
Executive Chef
One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer....................

No food tonight. No work tomorrow, so it's officially cocktail hour. I'm meeting friends in the city for pre-holiday beverages.

I think I'll stick with bourbon tonight.

How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote