Dinner for Wed. Oct. 4, 06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nobody's home yet except me. HH is stuck in traffic (just called) and says he will be in it long enough to pick up daughter at 7 from lacrosse clinic at school. We have to stay up late tonight (until 10) to watch the first new episode of Lost.

So, I'm thinking it's a good night for bacon and waffles.

we're having bbq pork chops, steamed broccoli and mushroom potato Au-gratin with feta.

mudbug said:
nobody's home yet except me. HH is stuck in traffic (just called) and says he will be in it long enough to pick up daughter at 7 from lacrosse clinic at school. We have to stay up late tonight (until 10) to watch the first new episode of Lost.

So, I'm thinking it's a good night for bacon and waffles.
Oh man! LOST! We don't have tv but we watch LOST on dvd. We're just starting the second season. Enjoy it.

Right now, I'm eating some rotisserie chicken that I threw in the skillet with some garlic salt, red chile powder and lime juice. I threw it in a couple corn tortillas with black beans and cheese. Sadly, no veggies in the house for this creation. It's good though.

corazon90 said:
I've got a class tonight so I'll probably eat a small something before heading into town. Probably chicken soft tacos.

so Corazon, how do you make your pork chops that are breaded and then chilies and cheese on top............a family member told me to ask you:LOL:

Food Show!!
I spent the late afternoon at a food show down at South Street Seaport. So I sampled cuisine from all different vendors and had three glasses of wine.

I'm sooooooooo ready for my bed now!

Headed for the fresh sea scallops, but got diverted by the beautifully marbled porterhouse. Add sweet potato (bought at farmer's market Friday) and leftover broc and caul from last night. Rice pudding for dessert; though I love it, a batch lasts way too long. Anyone want leftovers? :neutral:

LEFSElover said:
so Corazon, how do you make your pork chops that are breaded and then chilies and cheese on top............a family member told me to ask you:LOL:
uh-oh! I was found. :LOL:
I'll start a thread in the next day or two with the details of how I make my pork chops. My sis can comment too, she makes hers a little different.

Homemade pizza, one with olives, one with mushrooms, also topped with sausage, red and green peppers, fresh basil and oregano, parm, mozza and ham. Sonny boy will eat one whole of the mushroom, then pick the olives off of whatever is left of the other one. Thinking liver and onions for tomorrow.
Warning: do not taste too much wine on your days off!:sick:

Last edited:
bullseye said:
Headed for the fresh sea scallops, but got diverted by the beautifully marbled porterhouse. Add sweet potato (bought at farmer's market Friday) and leftover broc and caul from last night. Rice pudding for dessert; though I love it, a batch lasts way too long. Anyone want leftovers? :neutral:

yes please!!!

i love rice pudding. bullseye, do you prefer cinnamon or nutmeg on top?

buckytom said:
yes please!!!

i love rice pudding. bullseye, do you prefer cinnamon or nutmeg on top?
I'm a nutmeg guy, BT, but I put it on when serving, so you can have either.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom