Dinner, Fri. April 17, '15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Penne ala vodka. Keeping in mind that vodka becomes a condiment!:LOL:

I thawed some frozen spinach, chopped a can of artichoke hearts and seasoned a couple of chicken breasts with Penzey's Greek seasoning. We'll pan-sear the chicken and serve it with spaghetti Alfredo with spinach and artichoke hearts mixed in.

We'll also have some of the French bread I made from Katie's recipe. It turned out beautifully! Thanks, Katie! :)

Attachments

• 1429310209349.jpg
    1429310209349.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 192
I didn't shop for tonight's meal so it was a store cupboard staple but tasty. I cooked some fettuccine egg noodles that I stirred butter, crushed garlic and lots of finely grated parmesan into.

Great looking bread, GG! I'll have to try Katie's recipe.

Dinner this afternoon was just pickin's. The last of the TJ's eggplant hummus on sliced toasted French bread I made yesterday, an avocado and mini heirloom tomato salad with oil and vinegar dressing, and sliced roasted beets from a couple of days ago. Used up a few things that needed using up, and it hit the spot.

Strawberry ice cream for dessert a little later. :yum:

leftovers of baked ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and some bean, meatloaf, spinach goo that did not make it into DH's lunch box today.

Got a nice piece of halibut...I'm going to sous vide it, then top with a dill-heavy herb sauce and some panko and throw it under the broiler for a minute. I pulled the last few Yellow Finns out of the pantry so we'll have some potato pancakes and a salad.

I put a couple small pork sirloin roasts into the crock pot with ingredients to make pulled pork. Also made coleslaw and prepped the wedge potatoes for baking - they were seasoned and oiled, already on the baking sheet, ready to pop into the oven. Just before I left to grocery shop I tested the pork. Hmm, that'll be supper sometime this weekend. :ermm: On the way home from shopping, I stopped at the grocery that fries fish and ordered a bit of cod, a bit of bay scallops. Called Himself to get the potatoes cooking, and had supper on the table five minutes after I walked into the house.

Nothing. I'm exhausted. Spent half the day getting the rest of ingredients for this weekend (and maxed out my corporate VISA), forgot my debit card at the meat shop (have to go back tomorrow to get the rest of our order), prepped ingredients for 7 batches of a cooked vinaigrette for a trade show tomorrow, cooked the vinaigrette (could only get at two of the skillets, so could only do two batches at a time), packaged them, cleaned up the kitchen, seasoned the pans, and drove home. It was a long 12 hours. My feet are killing me. I didn't know I was slated to cook today and didn't wear my "kitchen" shoes. Back to the meat shop in the morning and then to the kitchen in the to help package this week's ingredients, go get ingredients for more vinaigrette if the folks at the trade show run out tomorrow so they can give out samples Sunday. It will be another long day, It will pretty much be a repeat of today.

We'll be doing a pizza tonight, toppings unknown for now.
What's cooking at your house?
I had to call the cops, because that pizza was illegal! LOL The toppings were artichoke hearts, thinly sliced red bell pepper, mushrooms, pancetta, and sliced olives. A little anchovie after it was baked.
We have a pizza stone, and a 3 foot pizza peel to slide it into the oven.
We buy the frozen dough at the local supermarket. For a little over a dollar, it does not pay to mess with making it.
Kayelle developed the perfect cooking time and temperature, preheating the pizza stone for a half hour at 475, then cooking the pizza for 13 minutes. She really has it down.The crust was crisp, the cheese melted, and the whole thing wonderful.

Oh CWS, my legs hurt just reading how busy you were. On days like that, I end up taking both magnesium and potassium tablets to try and prevent leg cramps at night.

BTW, what shoe do you use as a "kitchen shoe"? I'm on my feet a lot some days, and keep thinking it's time I went and got what I've fondly referred to as "nun shoes". Would appreciate your suggestions.

Souschef, that pizza sounds delicious! :yum:

I had to call the cops, because that pizza was illegal! LOL The toppings were artichoke hearts, thinly sliced red bell pepper, mushrooms, pancetta, and sliced olives. A little anchovie after it was baked.
We have a pizza stone, and a 3 foot pizza peel to slide it into the oven.
We buy the frozen dough at the local supermarket. For a little over a dollar, it does not pay to mess with making it.
Kayelle developed the perfect cooking time and temperature, preheating the pizza stone for a half hour at 475, then cooking the pizza for 13 minutes. She really has it down.The crust was crisp, the cheese melted, and the whole thing wonderful.

:ohmy: You had me at artichoke hearts and pancetta. Can I borrow her? Just for a few days to make me pizza. :LOL:

Last edited:
Bit of a 'busy' plate.

Grilled Gammon Steak, Grilled Pineapple Rings (I tried to be artistic by interlocking the rings) Egg, Parsley Sauce, Potato and Sweet Potato Mash, Corn on the Cob.

Oh CWS, my legs hurt just reading how busy you were. On days like that, I end up taking both magnesium and potassium tablets to try and prevent leg cramps at night.

BTW, what shoe do you use as a "kitchen shoe"? I'm on my feet a lot some days, and keep thinking it's time I went and got what I've fondly referred to as "nun shoes". Would appreciate your suggestions.

Souschef, that pizza sounds delicious! :yum:
I have a pair Birkenstock Portuguese Fisherman's shoes, with Dr. Scholl insoles (the gel type) that I wear in the kitchen when I have to stand for hours. Shopping tires me out as it is. I slept like a log.

Re: painful legs mentioned here, I can thoroughly recommend using an electric massager on them! I used to get heavy legs, sometimes painful/twingy when walking. Using the massager on them frees up the tense/locked muscles a treat! The massager also has a heat pad (for painful muscles) but have not yet tried that.

Thanks, creative, but it's not just muscles. It's joints, too. Instead of trying to figure out how to stand more comfortably, maybe I'll just go on strike around here and sit all the time. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom