"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #21
Senior Cook

I had some left over steak tacos. I also had one of those new fage with jelly cups. They are actually pretty good.

//www.lowcarbgrub.com
megamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #22
Head Chef

Polenta with a creamy mushroom sauce for over the top here. The usual salad with vinaigrette (it's on the table every night in one version or another). I broiled up a ribeye for he-man that I took a couple bites off of as well. Easypeasy and perfect for our chilly and rainy evening.

Our plum trees burst into bloom today!! They have been threatening to all week but I guess today's gray sky and the clouds were just the incentive they needed. Spring makes me giddy!

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #23
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I had a roast, but no carrots, so I couldn't make it like I normally make pot roast. I had extra chiles (the rest went into one of my favorite side dishes, Stuffed Green Chiles), so I decided to try something I have never made. I poured some of the juice from the chiles over the roast, then I laid the extra chiles over the top of the roast, covered tightly with foil, and cooked it low and slow. Wow, did it turn out good!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #24
Senior Cook

Pork Roast, Mashed potatoes and gravy, and gingered carrots and leeks. New oven giving it a go tonight.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

those chilis on the roast sound good barb. i had something in the same vein tonight. thawed out a piece of cube steak by mistake, again. thought was burger. anyway on the george forman it went, when nearly done laid the whole chilli slices on top and just warmed up with grill lid down. put grated mexican cheese blend on burger bun and put hot meat on top. toasted the bun in toaster and used a little mayo. it was really really good. going to soak beans tonight for beans and ham hocks tomorrow. been on a bean kick lately. made some gingerbread for dessert.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #26
Master Chef

I made scrambled eggs, bacon and english muffins.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I had a roast, but no carrots, so I couldn't make it like I normally make pot roast. I had extra chiles (the rest went into one of my favorite side dishes, Stuffed Green Chiles), so I decided to try something I have never made. I poured some of the juice from the chiles over the roast, then I laid the extra chiles over the top of the roast, covered tightly with foil, and cooked it low and slow. Wow, did it turn out good!
That does sound good. Why don't you post it as a recipe?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:38 AM   #28
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
those chilis on the roast sound good barb. i had something in the same vein tonight. thawed out a piece of cube steak by mistake, again. thought was burger. anyway on the george forman it went, when nearly done laid the whole chilli slices on top and just warmed up with grill lid down. put grated mexican cheese blend on burger bun and put hot meat on top. toasted the bun in toaster and used a little mayo. it was really really good. going to soak beans tonight for beans and ham hocks tomorrow. been on a bean kick lately. made some gingerbread for dessert.
Your cube steaks sounded good! My mom made wonderful gingerbread. I loved it hot, with whipped cream on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
That does sound good. Why don't you post it as a recipe?
That was the recipe: throw chiles on it and bake it. Just teasing--I think I will do just that!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Your cube steaks sounded good! My mom made wonderful gingerbread. I loved it hot, with whipped cream on it.

That was the recipe: throw chiles on it and bake it. Just teasing--I think I will do just that!
It's easy recipes that turn out great that are the very best recipes to post. Check out Squirrely Shirley's Poached Fish.

We were all hanging out on New Years Day many years ago (a bunch of commercial fisherwomen and men. Shirley was making this with chunks of fresh grouper. It's out of this world good and easy. I've made it her way often and it never fails to wow.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Here's some fish for you, Z
Frying
Is it safe to use three burners on the stove for frying? (the fries were on the third)
Attachment 10266

All of them
Attachment 10267

All I could eat
Attachment 10265

I am accruing way to many leftovers to be making pastrami tomorrow, but oh well Perch sammies for me tomorrow, pastrami Sunday, or probably tomorrow, too

Great looking dinner, Msm. I love cheese raviolis. And I love raw white mushrooms.
I WANT FISH AND CHIPS now!! Yummy.

Thank you PaC. Cheese ravioli is my favorite. We had the meat the other night and it just tasted flat some how and they opened while cooking so most of the meat raviolis were watery. I love mushrooms just about any way. LOL But raw in salads are fantastic.