Dinner....Fri. Mar 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had some left over steak tacos. I also had one of those new fage with jelly cups. They are actually pretty good.

Polenta with a creamy mushroom sauce for over the top here. The usual salad with vinaigrette (it's on the table every night in one version or another). I broiled up a ribeye for he-man that I took a couple bites off of as well. Easypeasy and perfect for our chilly and rainy evening.

Our plum trees burst into bloom today!! They have been threatening to all week but I guess today's gray sky and the clouds were just the incentive they needed. Spring makes me giddy! :wub:

I had a roast, but no carrots, so I couldn't make it like I normally make pot roast. I had extra chiles (the rest went into one of my favorite side dishes, Stuffed Green Chiles), so I decided to try something I have never made. I poured some of the juice from the chiles over the roast, then I laid the extra chiles over the top of the roast, covered tightly with foil, and cooked it low and slow. Wow, did it turn out good!

those chilis on the roast sound good barb. i had something in the same vein tonight. thawed out a piece of cube steak by mistake, again. thought was burger. anyway on the george forman it went, when nearly done laid the whole chilli slices on top and just warmed up with grill lid down. put grated mexican cheese blend on burger bun and put hot meat on top. toasted the bun in toaster and used a little mayo. it was really really good. going to soak beans tonight for beans and ham hocks tomorrow. been on a bean kick lately. made some gingerbread for dessert.

I had a roast, but no carrots, so I couldn't make it like I normally make pot roast. I had extra chiles (the rest went into one of my favorite side dishes, Stuffed Green Chiles), so I decided to try something I have never made. I poured some of the juice from the chiles over the roast, then I laid the extra chiles over the top of the roast, covered tightly with foil, and cooked it low and slow. Wow, did it turn out good!

That does sound good. Why don't you post it as a recipe?:chef:

those chilis on the roast sound good barb. i had something in the same vein tonight. thawed out a piece of cube steak by mistake, again. thought was burger. anyway on the george forman it went, when nearly done laid the whole chilli slices on top and just warmed up with grill lid down. put grated mexican cheese blend on burger bun and put hot meat on top. toasted the bun in toaster and used a little mayo. it was really really good. going to soak beans tonight for beans and ham hocks tomorrow. been on a bean kick lately. made some gingerbread for dessert.
Your cube steaks sounded good! My mom made wonderful gingerbread. I loved it hot, with whipped cream on it.

That does sound good. Why don't you post it as a recipe?:chef:
That was the recipe: throw chiles on it and bake it. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Just teasing--I think I will do just that!

Your cube steaks sounded good! My mom made wonderful gingerbread. I loved it hot, with whipped cream on it.

That was the recipe: throw chiles on it and bake it. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Just teasing--I think I will do just that!

It's easy recipes that turn out great that are the very best recipes to post. Check out Squirrely Shirley's Poached Fish.

We were all hanging out on New Years Day many years ago (a bunch of commercial fisherwomen and men. Shirley was making this with chunks of fresh grouper. It's out of this world good and easy. I've made it her way often and it never fails to wow.:LOL:

Here's some fish for you, Z :chef:
Frying
Is it safe to use three burners on the stove for frying? :LOL: (the fries were on the third)
View attachment 10266

All of them
View attachment 10267

All I could eat :pig:
View attachment 10265

I am accruing way to many leftovers to be making pastrami tomorrow, but oh well :rolleyes: Perch sammies for me tomorrow, pastrami Sunday, or probably tomorrow, too :)

Great looking dinner, Msm. I love cheese raviolis. And I love raw white mushrooms.
I WANT FISH AND CHIPS now!! Yummy.

Thank you PaC. Cheese ravioli is my favorite. We had the meat the other night and it just tasted flat some how and they opened while cooking so most of the meat raviolis were watery. I love mushrooms just about any way. LOL But raw in salads are fantastic.

Thank you. I was in perch heaven.

Yeak, raviolis... I used to like the meat filled ones, especially the ones with sausage, but I bought some a year ago or so and decided it is cheese or nothing for me. Of course, I never tried making my own yet... some seafood raviolis I'm sure would be good.

Thank you. I was in perch heaven.

Yeak, raviolis... I used to like the meat filled ones, especially the ones with sausage, but I bought some a year ago or so and decided it is cheese or nothing for me. Of course, I never tried making my own yet... some seafood raviolis I'm sure would be good.
I never made homemade meat either but was thinking of trying it sometime soon.

oops, typo alert, lol.
I meant yeah, not yeak, as in maybe yuk...
My typing this morning has been horrible.

I'd like to try is soon, too. I think it would be fun/satisfying playing with the different fillings. Just need to spring for the attachment for my KA, and they're so darn expensive.

oops, typo alert, lol.
I meant yeah, not yeak, as in maybe yuk...
My typing this morning has been horrible.

I'd like to try is soon, too. I think it would be fun/satisfying playing with the different fillings. Just need to spring for the attachment for my KA, and they're so darn expensive.
I have made cheese raviolis and spinach, sun dried tomato and cheese raviolis. The first couple times I did them all by hand (till I could afford a KA and a pasta machine) and rolling the dough thin by hand worked better than the machine. The hand rolled NEVER broke open. I don't have the attachment either and won't spend the money for it. I knead the dough with the KA then roll the dough out with the pasta machine. Stuff, seal and cut by hand. It's easy. My aunt had the attachment that rolled, stuffed, sealed and cut them and they were ALWAYS to thin and broke open while cooking.

Interesting. Thanks.
Maybe I would be better off just getting the roller attachment then.

Back
Top Bottom