Dinner Friday 04-20-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grew up through the 60's and 70's also. I just heard of 4/20 a few years ago from a younger coworker. I guess you have to be living the life.

View attachment 13539

Cold Turkey Sandwich and Cantaloupe.

Last edited:
patty1 said:
i grew up through the 60's and 70's also. I just heard of 4/20 a few years ago from a younger coworker. I guess you have to be living the life.

perfect!!! ROFL!

Last edited:
I grew up in the 60's and 70's...in Wyoming...any surprise I had no idea until tonight?

I had my eggplant parmesan mini pies...they were guuuuud!...I had a meatless day today, doing better with that lately. Have to still work on getting my Triglycerides down. Be nice to get rid of some meds.

I grew up in the 60's and 70's...in Wyoming...any surprise I had no idea until tonight?

I had my eggplant parmesan mini pies...they were guuuuud!...I had a meatless day today, doing better with that lately. Have to still work on getting my Triglycerides down. Be nice to get rid of some meds.

The one med. I want to get rid of the most, I never will. It is the Warifram (blood thinner) because of the Titanium Valve implanted in my heart.

[/COLOR][/B]

The one med. I want to get rid of the most, I never will. It is the Warifram (blood thinner) because of the Titanium Valve implanted in my heart.

Getting tired of blood draws??? :( Hopefully they can get you on a steady dose! Cut back on the blood work.

We just got a cool new machine at work, I get to learn how to use it next week. From what I understand, just a simple finger stick to check your PT/INR, no more blood draws! If you are interested, let me know and I will find the info for it and PM it to you!

My problem is trying to eat good food but if one thing is good for my diabetic diet it doesn't agree with the cardiac diet. I keep telling people, simple pepper on cardboard with a water chaser is the safest thing I can eat.

We just got a cool new machine at work, I get to learn how to use it next week. From what I understand, just a simple finger stick to check your PT/INR, no more blood draws! If you are interested, let me know and I will find the info for it and PM it to you!

That portable machine like a blood sugar machine (but a little bigger machine and finger stick OUCH!) My visiting nurse had one, but that is over now so I have to go to the hospital and get blood drawn. The woman in the lab told me the machine cost 2000.00 so I have to have the test the old fashion way.

My problem is trying to eat good food but if one thing is good for my diabetic diet it doesn't agree with the cardiac diet. I keep telling people, simple pepper on cardboard with a water chaser is the safest thing I can eat.

View attachment 13541I am not a diabetic, but I was told to cut out Salt, Sugar, Fat, Carbs and Vitamin K?? I am with you on the cardboard boxes with pepper. Everything in moderation is the only way I can eat anything.

Last edited:
That portable machine like a blood sugar machine (but a little bigger machine and finger stick OUCH!) My visiting nurse had one, but that is over now so I have to go to the hospital and get blood drawn. The woman in the lab told me the machine cost 2000.00 so I have to have the test the old fashion way.

View attachment 13541I am not a diabetic, but I was told to cut out Salt, Sugar, Fat, Carbs and Vitamin K?? I am with you on the cardboard boxes with pepper. Everything in moderation is the only way I can eat anything.

LOL! You already have more experience with the machine than I do. The facility is hoping it will lower our lab costs, especially when a patient is getting daily draws. Medicare doesn't care what the lab costs are, they just pay a flat rate for all care a patient receives and the facility has to pay the rest. We'll see if the machine ends up paying for itself.

Actually, my diabetes medication has slowed down my eating, it's been fairly painless to cut my portions back. I'm lucky if I can eat much more than a cup of food at a sitting. I can get 3-4 meals out of one meal from a restaurant.

Well, off to bed...have a 7 mile bike ride tomorrow/today. I better get some sleep:rolleyes: Have a great night, Patti.

Tonight was a vegetable/chickpea sandwich on whole wheat pita. Chopped and sliced vegetables, such as red bell pepper, sweet onion, cucumber, and tomatoes, with chickpeas, extra sharp cheddar, and black olives. Served with a yogurt sauce with cilantro, cumin and hot sauce.

Pan seared a couple petite sirloins, made a mushroom pan gravy, steamed carrots and broccoli, mashed tators and cresent rolls.

Corned beef (4 lbs) simmered 2 1/2 hours, covered in water with onion, garlic and-
brown & yellow mustard seed
coriander
allspice
dill seed
bay leaves
ginger
cloves
tellicherry peppercorns
juniper berries
mace
cardamom
hot red pepper flakes
After 2 1/2 hours simmering, I let it sit in covered pot for an additional 45 minutes before slicing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom