Dinner Friday, 1-31-14 ~ Happy Chinese New Year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We started with Margaritas, 'cause it's the weekend. Supper was steak au poivre (Steak au Poivre Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network), crudités with blue cheese dip and ranch dip, and baked potatoes with sour cream (and butter for Stirling). That was a very tasty meal. The sauce was sorta bland, but it perfectly balanced the somewhat over seasoned steaks. I did use filet mignon.

Attachments

• 20140131_211240.jpg
    20140131_211240.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 195
We started with Margaritas, 'cause it's the weekend. Supper was steak au poivre (Steak au Poivre Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network), crudités with blue cheese dip and ranch dip, and baked potatoes with sour cream (and butter for Stirling). That was a very tasty meal. The sauce was sorta bland, but it perfectly balanced the somewhat over seasoned steaks. I did use filet mignon.

Looks great, Taxy, except you forgot your little marachas guy....

I forgot this was the Chinese New Year!

I had a bad headache, for I didn't have a very good day, and so I made my favorite comfort food, my chicken soup. I made the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits with it, and DA, Gwen, Carl and I had all the foldable little tables with our food in front of the TV, watching the movie, "Dr. Zhivago." Carl had never seen this movie, and he liked it very much!

With love,
~Cat

Pace yourself. The lunar new year is 15 days long.
I knew I was safe when we were out running errands later than I had planned. Figured the partying went on for about two weeks, so I'm using the shrimp tomorrow. Today we made a stop at Trader Joe's - ended up with dim sum for supper. From left to right: chicken shu mai, shrimp gyoza, pork bau biscuit, chicken spring roll - and the one thing not like the others, mushroom pockets. Not asian, but very tasty.

Attachments

• 2014-01-31 22.14.00.jpg
    2014-01-31 22.14.00.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 193
Oh .... we had leftovers. It is bad luck to start of the Chinese New Year with leftovers? They were good leftovers. :yum: So had KFC and I had a chicken/bacon/cheddar cheese "Stromboli".

Glad the wings turned out!!!

Turkey Udon Noodle soup with broccoletta, red peppers, shredded napa cabbage and green onions. Tamari, ginger, garlic, red chili and sesame seasonings.

They were very flavorful. Even though I messed up the recipe :ermm:
I was on the phone and "going through the motions" of putting the sauce together, the balsamic, the hot sauce, oops, no honey left... opened up a new bottle of honey and added a 1/4c of that and then saw the jar of marmalade sitting there on the counter :rolleyes: So your sauce was good with honey in it, too :LOL:

They were very flavorful. Even though I messed up the recipe :ermm:
I was on the phone and "going through the motions" of putting the sauce together, the balsamic, the hot sauce, oops, no honey left... opened up a new bottle of honey and added a 1/4c of that and then saw the jar of marmalade sitting there on the counter :rolleyes: So your sauce was good with honey in it, too :LOL:

Cool! Nothing wrong with an experiment.

I still prefer my buffalo wings.:pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom