Dinner Friday 1/5/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
was gonna cook chili another day, then got burger king instead, so tonite was chili. my jake implemented many tactics to get me to that kitchen, (he says my chili is probably his favorite food he's ingested & oughta compete at cooking contests) varying from having our cats 'talk' 'bout thier love of my chili, to being noisy so as to keep me awake, & so he got his dagnabbin chili.:rolleyes: :LOL:

alix, i made the broiled/baked chicken legs in the "la maison" brand garlic lime marinade (from ontario). they were good, but missing something. i think they would have been great with the flavor from being cooked on a real charcoal grill. also, i think split skinless breasts would work better too.

the mushrooms were fantastic. marinated overnight in rikki's soy ginger marinade, i flipped the caps up and filled with a little more marinade, then baked them uncovered for 20 minutes, added a little butter to each, covered and put back in the oven for another half hour.

i'll be making those again.

Since I had about a pound of frozen Alaskan King Crab legs left from New Year's, I bought 3/4# of jumbo shrimp to go with them. Removed the meat from the crab legs, peeled the shrimp, & sauteed both quickly in a little extra-virgin olive oil. I then whipped up a saucepan of Knorr "Newburg" sauce mix, tweaking it with a couple of splashes of dry sherry & a dash of ground cayenne pepper. Stirred the cooked seafood into the sauce & served it all on a bed of white rice with a green salad on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom