Dinner Friday 10/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds great, PBNJ. I was actually thinking of salisbury steaks myself until I saw it was Goodweed of the North's Birthday. So instead, I am making his recipe for sloppy joe's. Very tasty indeed and I don't have to alter it for either Dad or DH's diets. Probably just cucumber and tomato salad on the side.

I will make it early so I can send it with DH for his dinner.

Lately I have been changing my mind mid-preparation! So far the plan is to have chicken leg quarters, baked in BBQ sauce, fried potatoes, and a vegetable, probably broccoli.

:)Barbara

Probably finish off all the leftovers in the frige tonight so we can start fresh over the weekend. There's eggplant parm, chicken pot pie, chicken w/ tomato and olives, pasta, meat loaf and mashed potatoes.

And always a salad of course!

Tonight we'll be pigging out on Kalymnian stuffed tomatoes, Dolmades (wrapped in vine leaves) meatballs, barbequed goat and hopefully a nice, crisp green salad washed down with rich red wine from the Atlanti area. The wine though not cheap is as good as it gets.

Lately, though, I've had a bit too much feta cheese, so can kiss that goodbye until next year's holiday. ;)

Doing an overnighter tonight at work, not sure what I am taking...my hours have been too hectic this week to cook much! Won't know until I hit the deli.

Cadillac Cactus Juice Cocktails.....
Tacos............
Chocolate Ice Cream..............

Okay, Uncle B, you have my curiosity buzzing again. What is a Cadillac Cactus Juice Cocktail. Would I be right in assuming there is bourbon in it? :rolleyes:

Okay, Uncle B, you have my curiosity buzzing again. What is a Cadillac Cactus Juice Cocktail. Would I be right in assuming there is bourbon in it? :rolleyes:

:LOL: Nope no bourbon....Cactus Juice being it's Tequila....Cadillac being it cost close to $50 a bottle..(What my Red Headed Daughter said to buy) I'm making Margarita's out of it...Cactus Juice does strange things to the old Uncle.... :ermm: :wacko:............

:LOL: Nope no bourbon....Cactus Juice being it's Tequila....Cadillac being it cost close to $50 a bottle..(What my Red Headed Daughter said to buy) I'm making Margarita's out of it...Cactus Juice does strange things to the old Uncle.... :ermm: :wacko:............

In my heart I knew PrincessFiona was correct (and the fact tequila has been my drink of choice since university) but I just couldn't imagine Uncle B. dissing Jim Beam or Jack Daniels like that! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm defrosting a pork tenderloin and don't have a clue what to do with it.

Dry meat...Cast Iron Pan Smoking hot...Brown meat on all sides....Salt and Course ground black pepper....into a hot 375-400* oven to about 140*
Remove to rest....De-glaze with mostly white wine, and a little chicken stock...Salt, pepper, garlic, shallot(?) thyme, reduce....Off the heat on to a cold "eye"....Swirl in 3 or 4 good pats of butter...Slice into medallions, serve sauce over the top....Of course all of this after a few Cocktails...You know a good palate cleanser...:LOL:

Dry meat...Cast Iron Pan Smoking hot...Brown meat on all sides....Salt and Course ground black pepper....into a hot 375-400* oven to about 140*
Remove to rest....De-glaze with mostly white wine, and a little chicken stock...Salt, pepper, garlic, shallot(?) thyme, reduce....Off the heat on to a cold "eye"....Swirl in 3 or 4 good pats of butter...Slice into medallions, serve sauce over the top....Of course all of this after a few Cocktails...You know a good palate cleanser...:LOL:

Great minds think alike, UB. This is my standard 'go to' preparation when I'm not in the mood to try something new and different.

In my heart I knew PrincessFiona was correct (and the fact tequila has been my drink of choice since university) but I just couldn't imagine Uncle B. dissing Jim Beam or Jack Daniels like that! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

:LOL: Well those two are easy to "diss" JB Black is OK for the deer camp guys.:ermm: ...If it weren't for the Japanese I think the Tennessee Whiskey JD (aka brown water swill) would go out of business :LOL: Can't stand the stuff.... On the other hand..George Dickel, another Tennessee Whiskey...Me likes a lot ;)

Back
Top Bottom