"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #31
Master Chef

i'm tired. i figure snackin is a plan. ju-ju bees, salted snacks, like pepitas & kosher dills, & a drink of powerade. or a grilled cheese.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie View Post
Oh how I wish I could go with you!!! I love that place! Vera - tell me what you think about that rum, I've heard alot about it.

I'm on my own tonight so it will probably be a martini or two on the couch - maybe some popcorn.
It was great Michelemarie... they have added a scallop entree with 4 large sea scallop sauted with garlic and capers. They were scrumptious!!!! DH had the catfish and shrimp. K, time for nap!

Old 10-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #33
Executive Chef

I think we'll just be snacking tonight. We're still really full from a huge lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant. My grown sons went with us to vote today - it was my 18 year old son's first time in the voting booth so we all went out to celebrate!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm with you FM.... I ate a huge bowl of chili for lunch to finish it off and a huge slice of bread to start the loaf, and now I feel huge. Not so huge I can't munch on a little Halloween candy though. Hershey's assorted minis and mini Almond Joy..... mmmm.
I bought my candy last week. Of course I don't get any trick or treaters in seven years here, but I've got the candy just in case (lol).
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #35
Certified Cake Maniac

Okay, so talked to DH and he decided he didn't want to go out tonight and would compromise in my not wanting to cook by having leftover lasagna for dinner tonight and will take me to my restaurant of choice (I still choose Montana's as linked in my previous post) tomorrow night for an early dinner as we will be in the area.

I can live with that. Specially when he even agreed to heat the lasagna!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
left over sloppy joe. that canned stuff is very bland but gotta eat it up. maybe put some red pepper in it. or a burger by itself. will pick up frozen french fries. ore ida has one for micro that is really good.
ended up with grocery store rotisserie chicken and a salad. two hershey chocolates for dessert.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Made pan grilled steak and finished in the oven, with mash taters. Simple but tasty, my DD kept gobbling it down and asking for more "chichen" guess she wasn't in the mood to learn the word steak...

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #38
Head Chef

Pasta with garlic, sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, olives, and goat cheese. Roasted cauliflower on the side. Mocha Streusel Espresso Coffee Cake for dessert.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:59 AM   #39
Master Chef

merstar... that sounds wonderfully good!

Miss Deelady... simple is the best way to go in my opinion... good ol' comfort food can't be beat!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:42 AM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
Made pan grilled steak and finished in the oven, with mash taters. Simple but tasty, my DD kept gobbling it down and asking for more "chichen" guess she wasn't in the mood to learn the word steak...
My son would only eat meat if it was "chicken" - it is amazing what got labelled as chicken and he ate.