Dinner- Friday 10-24 - What ya havin????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
left over sloppy joe. that canned stuff is very bland but gotta eat it up. maybe put some red pepper in it. or a burger by itself. will pick up frozen french fries. ore ida has one for micro that is really good. :chef:

Paul wanted beef ribs but safeway didn't have any so I picked up some eggplant
and will make some eggplant rollatini, salad and veggies.

Confirmed!!! We are going out for dinner... seafood at Pappadeaux's! YUM!

I've marinaded chicken wings in MAKOTO Ginger Dressing (found in the cold/produce section) to be broiled. Will have either stir fry noodles w/broc., onions, zucs. & shredded carrots, or rice stir fry. Probably noodles though.

I discovered a rum, called Pyrat (pronounced pirate) made by Patron...
with that we're having:

Clam shells stuffed with clams, garlic bread cubes, basil, sage and oregano, pignoli nuts and raisins

Spinach and potato pierogies with bacon and red pepper coulis

Spicy beef and roasted corn cups (cups made of sundried tomato tortilla shells)

Vermont cheddar, 12 year aged gouda and lemon goat cheese, served with candied walnuts, honey comb and red grapes.

Lou has pretzels from Philly

Change of plans here. SIL decided to pick up grandson when he got off work this afternoon. Bummer! Ds is at work and Dh not feeling well so I'll probably just have a sausage, onion, green pepper, mushroom frittata. I really don't feel like making anything.

Barb

Confirmed!!! We are going out for dinner... seafood at Pappadeaux's! YUM!

Oh how I wish I could go with you!!! I love that place! Vera - tell me what you think about that rum, I've heard alot about it.

I'm on my own tonight so it will probably be a martini or two on the couch - maybe some popcorn.

It is cold here - I have a pot of beef/veg soup bubbling and I just put a batch of yeast rolls in the oven.

i'm tired. i figure snackin is a plan. ju-ju bees, salted snacks, like pepitas & kosher dills, & a drink of powerade. or a grilled cheese.

Oh how I wish I could go with you!!! I love that place! Vera - tell me what you think about that rum, I've heard alot about it.

I'm on my own tonight so it will probably be a martini or two on the couch - maybe some popcorn.

It was great Michelemarie... they have added a scallop entree with 4 large sea scallop sauted with garlic and capers. They were scrumptious!!!! DH had the catfish and shrimp. K, time for nap!

I think we'll just be snacking tonight. We're still really full from a huge lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant. My grown sons went with us to vote today - it was my 18 year old son's first time in the voting booth so we all went out to celebrate!!!

I'm with you FM.... I ate a huge bowl of chili for lunch to finish it off and a huge slice of bread to start the loaf, and now I feel huge. Not so huge I can't munch on a little Halloween candy though. Hershey's assorted minis and mini Almond Joy..... mmmm.
I bought my candy last week. Of course I don't get any trick or treaters in seven years here, but I've got the candy just in case (lol).

Okay, so talked to DH and he decided he didn't want to go out tonight and would compromise in my not wanting to cook by having leftover lasagna for dinner tonight and will take me to my restaurant of choice (I still choose Montana's as linked in my previous post) tomorrow night for an early dinner as we will be in the area.

I can live with that. Specially when he even agreed to heat the lasagna!

left over sloppy joe. that canned stuff is very bland but gotta eat it up. maybe put some red pepper in it. or a burger by itself. will pick up frozen french fries. ore ida has one for micro that is really good. :chef:

ended up with grocery store rotisserie chicken and a salad. two hershey chocolates for dessert. :ohmy:

Made pan grilled steak and finished in the oven, with mash taters. Simple but tasty, my DD kept gobbling it down and asking for more "chichen" guess she wasn't in the mood to learn the word steak...:LOL:

Pasta with garlic, sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, olives, and goat cheese. Roasted cauliflower on the side. Mocha Streusel Espresso Coffee Cake for dessert.

merstar... that sounds wonderfully good!

Miss Deelady... simple is the best way to go in my opinion... good ol' comfort food can't be beat!!!

Made pan grilled steak and finished in the oven, with mash taters. Simple but tasty, my DD kept gobbling it down and asking for more "chichen" guess she wasn't in the mood to learn the word steak...:LOL:

My son would only eat meat if it was "chicken" - it is amazing what got labelled as chicken and he ate.

Back
Top Bottom