Dinner Friday 10th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Job is going well, thanks. Lots to do. Making changes. Extra hours. Plus the band, and the family, of course. Pretty beat by the end of the day. Things are starting to settle a bit now, getting ahead of the game, once and a while.

Everyone's dinners look and sound fabulous!

Tonight we finally had the pastitsio I was going to make on Tuesday. I didn't have any small macaroni noodles so it didn't come out quite as lasgna-like as it usually does, but the flavor was there.

img_1266329_0_865441759913b3ed4aa656b076f896fd.jpg

Everyone's dinners look and sound fabulous!

Tonight we finally had the pastitsio I was going to make on Tuesday. I didn't have any small macaroni noodles so it didn't come out quite as lasgna-like as it usually does, but the flavor was there.

img_1266330_0_865441759913b3ed4aa656b076f896fd.jpg

That is brilliant Steve, well done!

Job is going well, thanks. Lots to do. Making changes. Extra hours. Plus the band, and the family, of course. Pretty beat by the end of the day. Things are starting to settle a bit now, getting ahead of the game, once and a while.

Sure does sound like you are really busy, hope it all settles down a bit for you soon though so you can really enjoy it all :)

Tonight I'm making salmon with a cilantro/lime/garlic sauce. Basmati rice and steamed broccoli on the side.

We're gonna give our little supper club another try. Two or three previous attempts were very disappointing, but it's now under new management. We'll see, hope it's good!

We are disappointed again. They had a big group in the banquet room, so we were told it would be 20 minutes before we would get our entrees in the regular dining room, and were told to eat all we could at the salad bar (which was much diminished from previous visits).

45 minutes later the waitress delivered my walleye, which was totally undercooked. It looked like a fillet right after you caught and cleaned it, prior to cooking it. Walleye sashimi. The breading had no seasoning. I hope I don't get sick. I told the waitress to take it off our bill as it was inedible.

DH got the large prime rib (we'd planned on taking home leftovers for other stuff, usually we split entrees) ordered medium rare, and gave me a piece. I got the part that was blood raw. I gave it back to DH. He gave me another piece, it was well-done, and gray.

Oh well, I insisted that we take the rolls home.

Needless to say, we won't be back.

Dawgluver, that is so disappointing! It's sad when you go to a restaurant because you want something nice, want a break from cooking, and you find out YOU are the 5-star chef! :chef:

More leftovers! Can't help it - I cook for all of DC but you guys never show up. ;) I made a Momma Bear salad for Himself and a Papa Bear salad for me - both with celery, radish, salad olives, baby cukes, hard-cooked egg, tomato and raw mushrooms. I put the leftover grilled tuna on mine, he finished the leftover spaghetti. Now enjoying my nightly glass of wine - in an on-the-rocks glass so I can't tip it on my laptop ala taxlady. ;) I'm ALWAYS clumsy! :LOL:

steve: awesome. it mighta got past ichio, but mot me. :huh:

rock: awesome. just for the halibut.

dawg, tbat sucketh, but ypu gave 'em three tries, so now they're out.

dinner change for us. after shopping, we got stuck in traffic so i had to pick up dinner from a place up the block before practice rather than grill, so my boy had a chee-boigah, no coje, pepsie.
dw had the sliced open steak, no garlic butter, frizzled onions, and thrice fried fries.

i ordered the same open sliced steak, their nominal garlic butter, frizzled onions, and 3x fries. but i prefer not to eat before i chase a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds around a diamond, so i'm just eating now.

plus a slice of unbelievably good cake that a cleaning lady in my building, of whom many of us have become close to, made for mother's day for us. the cake looks better than many of the best bakeries can do in this entire city!

pics in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom