Dinner Friday 11/6/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I have a meatloaf and baked potatoes in the oven. Will heat up some canned corn later. Then eat fresh peach pie. I have been amazed how well my large quantity of peaches have kept in the frig.

What are you eating?

Picked up a rotisserie chicken at Costco this afternoon. Some pilaf and a salad will round out the meal.

I spelunked some crockpot Italian beef. Dang, that stuff is good. As is my wont, I didn't save the recipe, though as I recall it used most of a jar of pepperocini with liquid, or maybe it was jardinere.

Last edited:
Shrimp & soft shell crab over rice.

img_1443014_0_4c02547671daec33c22df9daaee9c42b.jpg

img_1443014_1_37011affdf38cfe0e9586b90bdd151be.jpg

We were going to have fettuccine Alfredo and a salad, but I cut my finger and it was bleeding enough that I decided not to cook tonight. We ordered from Mr. Falafel. It was really good, as usual.

S&P, delicious-looking, as usual.

taxy, since you're in the Quebec area, wouldn't that be "Monsieur Falafel"? :huh: You always rave about them - maybe they should be your go-to place for special occasions, what with your less-than-stellar anniversary meal recently.

Shopped today, so I tossed together a quick casserole that I had been gathering ingredients for all week. A simple plate full of rice, broccoli, ham chunks, all mixed in a cheese sauce.

Hectic today..we threw these in the oven at 350 degrees, for an hr and a half...On sale at Vons 2 lbs. for $5.00. Can't beat it with a salad.

Smithfield Smokehouse BBQ riblets... Yumm...

S&P, delicious-looking, as usual.
+1

taxy, since you're in the Quebec area, wouldn't that be "Monsieur Falafel"? :huh: You always rave about them - maybe they should be your go-to place for special occasions, what with your less-than-stellar anniversary meal recently.
Yup, it is actually Monsieur Falafel. Monsieur Falafel | Menu, but for some reason we always call it Mr. Falafel. We don't go there, because the atmosphere sucks: cafeteria style counter, your food on a tray, plastic tables and chairs.

That wasn't my anniversary meal. My anniversary is in May and we went out.

Yummers, S&P!

Oh sure, Taxy, you had to post the menu. No wonder you guys order from it so much! :yum:

We were going to have fettuccine Alfredo and a salad, but I cut my finger and it was bleeding enough that I decided not to cook tonight. We ordered from Mr. Falafel. It was really good, as usual.

This is very bad, Taxy. Hope you heal up soon!

Back
Top Bottom