Dinner Friday, 12/31/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i won't be here so dinner is the food that is offered. i'm figuring snack foods, & i may well contribute an antipasto.
& i've soup, too~

your dinner-

Last edited:
New Year's party at work...I'm not even considering taking a lunch. Party my office, all day...all the Sparkling Cider you would like and hats, and horns. I'll be the minion in the corner typing away.

Cold Cuts
French Bread (for an Italian hero on New years Eve)
Rolls (for sandwiches on New years day)
Sandwich add ins and condiments (lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, mustard)
Olive Salad
Kidney & Cannellini Bean Salad
Macaroni Salad
Salsa
Blue Cheese Dip
Lipton French Onion Dip
Green Onion Dip (this will be a first time test run from scratch)
Chips
Green salad
Lemon Meringue Pie

Last edited:
I'm leaving leftovers for the family and I'm off to work where I'll eat what they feed me. I think I'll be a bit proactive though and take a little something JIC the food is something weird or nasty.

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

Just got home from a trip to visit family so cupboards are pretty bare. Got the crud while away too so the bathrooms are being used on a fairly regular basis. Will have to keep the food simple tonight. Maybe just sandwiches.

I'm leaving leftovers for the family and I'm off to work where I'll eat what they feed me. I think I'll be a bit proactive though and take a little something JIC the food is something weird or nasty.

Happy New Years Eve everyone!
Thank you and Happy and Safe New Year to you Alix!!

It will be just my husband and I this evening. We are having homemade pasta (unsure what kind yet!) and grilled ciabatta bread sprinkled with Fleur de Sel and drizzled with a young green olive oil. For dessert we are having Pear Vanilla Bean Crisp. Simple but tasty!

We hit Costco yesterday, and popped for two lobster tails, and a lb of big shrimp, so NYE will be "surf and surf", not "surf and turf", complete with candlelight. I'll steam some Jasmine rice with parsley, and make a salad. We have these individual butter warmers that are really wonderful for a meal like this. It's great to have hot drawn butter throughout the meal.
Check them out........
Set of 2 Ceramic Butter Warmers (G8225) - chefgadget.com

We've done nothing but eat, eat, eat since Thanksgiving and are ready to slow down. I pulled out a Polish sausage from the freezer, which will make its way to the grill. (It's 65 degrees here today.) Don't know what else. The fridge is full of various leftover sides and they need to be eaten before they become UFOs (unidentified food objects).

We're saving our lobster tails for Sunday. We'll enjoy them more then.

Prime rib, twice baked potatoes and that mushroom gratin.
I believe James and I will be joining you! YUM!

We are supposed to go to a party tonight, but we're not sure if we are going to make it. We may make it an all junk night, since we are definitely planning to make junk less a part of our meals and snacking. Go out with a bang and start fresh tomorrow. :LOL: I still have plenty of cauliflower and broccoli, as well as fresh asparagus, so if we do go the junk route, we will balance it out a little with them.

:)Barbara

Maybe I'll join you and James, Barbara. I love broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus and junk. ;^)

Tonight will be leftovers with some snacks. I have leftover ham, potato salad, broccoli salad, and coleslaw. Snacks will be simple: cheese, salami, and crackers, onion dip and chips, or I might make some nachos. I hope that you all have a Happy New Year's. :bounce::clap:

We will be having Tbones on the grill, baked sweet potatos, salad, and some of Kathleen's strawberry wine to toast the New Year. Can't wait.

We will be having Tbones on the grill, baked sweet potatos, salad, and some of Kathleen's strawberry wine to toast the New Year. Can't wait.
Oooh, hurry Fred! After you get here with the prime rib, we can gather up our stuff, then LindaZ is just a hop-skip-and-jump from here. We're eating good tonight! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Steaks and sweet potatoes sound just plain yummy. I hope my wine will measure up!

Frank has been making stock for chili since yesterday. I was so hoping that is what we would have chili tonight. Since I'm told that the chili needs to sit to blend flavors, I'll make spaghetti in vodka sauce - I have everything in the pantry for it! A grape and orange salad to go with it. As for the vodka, why stop with dinner? :rolleyes:

~Kathleen

Oooh, hurry Fred! After you get here with the prime rib, we can gather up our stuff, then LindaZ is just a hop-skip-and-jump from here. We're eating good tonight! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I'm in!
Just gotta feed the dogs and grab my twice baked potatoes I just stuffed!
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom