Dinner Friday 12th of April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm torn between pasta or having a pizza delivered. It depends on how lazy I get as the day progresses.

If I go with pasta it will be shredded rotisserie chicken on spinach fettucine in lemon/wine sauce.

Both sound good :yum:

And I never wash my mushrooms. So I got my fair share of daily... err, minerals... :ermm:
:)

Pac, you know you should wash your mushrooms, all vegetables for that matter as the soil it is grown in can contain manure as fertiliser and lots of ecoli grows in manure :sick:

Better to be safe than sorry :)

Pac, you know you should wash your mushrooms, all vegetables for that matter as the soil it is grown in can contain manure as fertiliser and lots of ecoli grows in manure :sick:

Better to be safe than sorry :)

Gee, don't tell me now.
I'll do that, as soon as I'm done scrubbing my lemons. ;)

Mushrooms are usually grown in composted manure. Now I don't know this for certain, but it has been explained to me that the composted manure shouldn't have an live e. coli. That you're more likely to get e. coli on mushrooms from the hands of workers who didn't wash their hands after using the washroom than from the manure.

:LOL: Am thinking some of this dinner thread belongs in Today's Funny!

Nuked the leftover manicotti shells with the addition of more marinara and parm, and a sprinkle of chopped olives, which is our vegetable tonight.

Ended up doing a dinner salad to go along with the chicken soup. Included 3 greens, chick peas, canned corn, black olives, tomatoes and mozz cheese (didn't have anything more appropriate such as Iberico or Manchego).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom