Dinner Friday 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Might be clean out the fridge night here. We have lots of odds and ends cluttering things up. Might do a big frittata with all the bits tossed in! LOL

We're having deviled steak strips, mashed potatoes and Italian green beans. I've already done all the prep work for the steak and potatoes because, every Friday, we talk to Buck's 92-year-old mother. I especially like to have everything in place on Fridays since we usually are on the phone for over an hour. I always practice mise en place, but I make doubly sure I do it on Friday.

I just went downstairs to go to freezer to decide what to make for dinner, and forgot to check it.
44.gif

I`m doing a Stewp (no, not a Typo, it`s a cross between a stew and a soup)
also Like Alix, I raided the freezer and found 2 french sticks that I`ll plaster with garlic butter and permesan slivers and parsley, wrap in a foil and bake.

we`ve certainly got the Autumn weather for it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul's hunting with David this weekend so no dinner tonight, Saturday or Sunday.

had a pretty heavy eating week, so a lot of veggies tonite. Has anyone ever poached cauliflower in marinara sauce? What do you suppose that would taste like?

and I have some dandelion greens, and carrots and a couple of peppers.

btw, June...we enjoyed your Scallops Tommy so much that we're having it again tonight.
29.gif

great cookbook!

I don't know how cauliflower in marinara sauce would taste, but it would probably be a bit healthier, at least lower in carbs.

I have really been odd tonight. I had salmon and pak choi in the fridge for supper, but I wasn't hungry so decided to catch an early night without supper. Then remembered I had not had lunch either so got hungry thinking about the deprivastion, lol.

So I just had bacon and eggs like english breakfast but broke another egg, and having rescued it in a bowl whipped up American pancakes. I am strict about my breaskfasts usually...whther for breakfast or supper....English (full or otherwise) is with a cup of tea, or "American"..which for me is only ever bacon and pancakes, is with coffee. So I feel even more screwed up now than when I went to bed without supper. PMSL

dw got the top knot dyed and hacked, so i stayed home and fed the boy in a trough.
j/k, i made veal and peppers, and picked up a broccoli salad and a side o' pisketti, all of which he devoured.

by the time dw got home, i had to go to work, so i'm off to pick up a lamb and pork souvlaki, extra tsatsiki, with greek bean salad and fries.

My girlfriend and I decided to go to an Mexican restaurant for dinner and it was absolutely great.

I hope everyone's weekend is great.

Back
Top Bottom