Dinner Friday 14th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Chef :)

It was so nice, the curries they make are so creamy with so much sauce and lots of very tender chicken, it truly is delicious :yum:

Even the basmati rice is perfect, so light and fluffy...I am hungry again :ROFLMAO:
That does it. For some reason, Lisa doesn't like curry, though I can cook kosher curried chicken with the best of them (Malasian halal curry, too, if it comes to it!:P) But I have to have some curry soon, so on Monday, I'll make murgi survedar with some chicken pieces from the freezer and take the time to make my own spicy paste (BGD has been doing this since she was 17, so it's not that impressive) and use plenty of coconut milk. I think that I'll go and buy a can now.
Cheers
P.S. If you mix yr curry powder with a spice grinder instead of a mortar, you can get rid of the traces of the spices -- and the smell -- by whirring some bread crumbs in the grinder.

P.S. If you mix yr curry powder with a spice grinder instead of a mortar, you can get rid of the traces of the spices -- and the smell -- by whirring some bread crumbs in the grinder.

Great tip, Phil! I usually wipe mine out with a damp paper towel, this might work better.

We went Thai, I had Crying Tiger Beef, and this time I ordered 2 sauces, and it was wonderful! I planned ahead and got to take one sauce home. DH got salmon. He had it all to himself, which was fine with me.

Sounds lovely DL, so pleased you had a great time :)

Back
Top Bottom