Dinner Friday 14th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Usually we go out with friends on Friday, but hubby had some major tooth extraction yesterday. I've made lots of soups and laid in canned "cream of" soups for him. I know he'll want me to go out with the friends anyway, but we'll see.

A local writers' center where I took a few classes is having a Summer Solstice party tonight, with live music, beer, wine and food trucks. Hoping to talk DH into going.

SO has requested margarita pizza so pizza it is. You'll hear no complaints from me. My recipe for dough makes two pizzas. If she gets a margarita with one, I get my choice for the other.:):):)

I'll probably do something with the leftover chicken from last night. Maybe that creamy Cajun chicken dish.

Not sure. There are quite a few fried green tomatoes left from last night, so that will dictate what will surround it.

I just sprayed the grill grates and put them in a heavy plastic bag, which will leave us with a nice clean grill. Perhaps something on the grill to go with the tomatoes. Time will tell.

Not sure here. I'm still trying to learn to cook for only 2 of us. Even though we still still have 1 "child" at home, he's really a grown up and tends to fend for himself most of the time. We still have meatloaf left, and taco meat, but I'm hankering for some salad. I have some chicken breasts in the freezer that I may cook up and cube to put in salads and call it supper. I have cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese (cheddar and blue), croutons, hard boiled eggs and adding the chicken will make a meal.

A local writers' center where I took a few classes is having a Summer Solstice party tonight, with live music, beer, wine and food trucks. Hoping to talk DH into going.

Thanks sounds like a great time! Unfortunately, Himself isn't a "mingle with people" kinda guy so for something like that I'd be going it alone.

I was in the mood for stew when I was at the store the other day. Not in the mood to cut, trim, flour, fry today so I'll use the entire roast and make pot roast. My pot roasts always turn out better than stews, but the stew was going to get red wine in it. Hmm, I could put that red wine in ME instead! :LOL:

Not sure here. I'm still trying to learn to cook for only 2 of us. Even though we still still have 1 "child" at home, he's really a grown up and tends to fend for himself most of the time. We still have meatloaf left, and taco meat, but I'm hankering for some salad. I have some chicken breasts in the freezer that I may cook up and cube to put in salads and call it supper. I have cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese (cheddar and blue), croutons, hard boiled eggs and adding the chicken will make a meal.

Cook for four and freeze half for another meal. That's what I've done for years cuz I can't "cook for two". :LOL:

When it's hot I love dinner salads. If you have some shrimp in the freezer they would probably want to keep the chicken chunks company. Just sayin'...;)

We have so much leftover food in the fridge, so that's what we'll have. I don't normally like leftovers on Friday nights, but I hate throwing out food even more. :glare:

I have some nice pasta sauce and meatballs going. I was boiling penne for it but noticed there were little black bugs floating in the water.

Now I'm boiling more water for more penne. (I have been trying the Dreamfields carb friendly pasta's. Not the first time I've had buggy pasta from that brand so I think we'll avoid it from now on. Moving on to Barilla Plus.) :mad:

Change of plans. Some friends invited us to a ballgame with the Norfolk Tides - the Triple-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles. Our friend's mother had bought Press Box seating for her husband for Father's Day, which included 12 tickets. She didn't realize it included so many, so they invited us at the last minute. DH surprised me - he just said they had tickets for us, but not where. It wasn't till we were on the elevator that he showed me the tickets. Right next to the broadcast booth! There were big picture windows looking out at the game, 6 seats in front of the windows, a bar and stools behind that, and a catered dinner, which included hot dogs, chicken fingers, burgers, potato salad, fixings, cookies and complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks. We had a great time.

Attachments

• 2013-06-14 18.47.30.jpg
    2013-06-14 18.47.30.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 2013-06-14 20.56.39.jpg
    2013-06-14 20.56.39.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Free food, free baseball! Wow, like a sports heaven GG! Did the Tides win? More importantly (I think), did you have fun? Oh, of course you did...free food, fre.....

It was great fun. It was a double-header, so they won one and lost one. Dragonflies flew into the room a couple of times, which thrilled the kids no end. We had a really good time.

Back
Top Bottom