Dinner Friday 15th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are cooking a Jamie Oliver dish...

Pork Fillets in a Hungarian Pepper Sauce :chef:

But instead of using pork fillet, we are using pork sausages, just tweaking it a bit :)

We were little piggies last night and ate all our tasty scallops so no leftovers.

But....there are leftovers from the fried chicken meal we had the night before, so we'll reprise that meal and have more Valentine cookies or king cake, or both.:)

Since my duck was still frozen yesterday when I got home I didn't make that.

Tonight I am roasting the duck and it is in the dryer right now.

dryer = fridge uncovered to let the skin dry some. :mrgreen:

Since I believe everyone will be home tonight, I'm going to do chicken cordon bleu with baked potatoes and broccoli.

I got a line on some whole beef tenderloins a couple of days ago. Yesterday I cleaned, trimmed and portioned them up. I have about 10 ounces left from the thin tips. I am going to use them for a chinese beef and mushroom type dish, served on fried rice. Add a few store bought egg rolls and Bob's yer uncle.

I'm going to make some ground turkey/tomato sauce/macaroni goulash. Garlic bread and a salad.

We got up really late today (TB was did some overtime last night and then was delayed by an accident blocking traffic so we went to bed later than usual) so breakfast was at noon and so my four course dinner is going to be split up.

We will have curried cauliflower soup with chili oil drizzle and crisp pancetta garnish around 3:30 or 4:00.

Then at 7 we will have the seared scallop appetizer with avocado puree, followed by a main of roast beef, eggplant parm and steamed asparagus.

Oh, yeah dessert! Mine will be goat yogurt with some beautiful fresh blackberries. TB will have the berries with espresso almond fudge ice cream made with coconut milk instead of cream.

Last edited:
We got up really late today (TB was did some overtime last night and then was delayed by an accident blocking traffic so we went to bed later than usual) so breakfast was at noon and so my four course dinner is going to be split up.

We will have curried cauliflower soup with chili oil drizzle and crisp pancetta garnish around 3:30 or 4:00.

Then at 7 we will have the seared scallop appetizer with avocado puree, followed by a main of roast beef, eggplant parm and steamed asparagus.

Oh, yeah dessert! Mine will be goat yogurt with some beautiful fresh blackberries. TB will have the berries with espresso almond fudge ice cream made with coconut milk instead of cream.

Now you're talkin'! Everything sounds delicious.

I'd be happy with the leftovers from this menu.

Thanks, Andy and Pac!

It feels so good to be in the mood to get creative in the kitchen again. Just taking a couple of days to rest and get my pain and allergy diet under control paid off! The soup is almost to perfection and the roast is ready to go in soon! :)

I bought some bone-in/skin-on chicken breasts earlier this week. They are now roasting in the oven with a rub of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, Penzey's Mural of Flavor and Galena Street Chicken and Rib Rub, and dried thyme. I also put a couple pounds of mixed red, white and blue potatoes in to roast (they were sprouting), after tossing them with evoo, s&p and Mural of Flavor. I need something green. Maybe I'll throw some green beans in there, or make salads.

I'd be happy with the leftovers from this menu.

I would agree, Andy. Sounds good, LP!

I'm going to saute some sea scallops in coconut oil. We talked about going out tonight, but I had a big lunch, and it's cold outside! And I would have ordered scallops anyway.

Another Pizza, With chicken tomato and cheese.
39817-albums933-picture5370.jpg

I'm experimenting tonight. Going to make a soup with vegetable stock, red curry paste, beef, sweet peppers, bok choy and mushrooms. Might add some dried hot peppers, not sure yet. Might also add some water chestnuts for some crunch. Not sure if I'll add additional spices or let the curry paste stand on it's own. We'll see.

It was Caitlin's Valentines Ball so we had dinner in a hurry. Cheesy hotdogs with stuffed gemsquash and coleslaw. I had a craving for weird veg so I had chilli lime coleslaw, stuffed gems and haricot beans with olive oil and lemon dressing.

pag, your experimental soup sounds promising.

gg, lots of interesting spices in your dinner. how'd it turn out?

lp, wow. can we come over?

jpb, they don't sell cook's brand here in my corner of joisey anymore. i miss it. that was our go to brand, besides dietz and watson.

i'm finally getting some chinese takeout tonight now that dw and the boy have gone to sleep.

seaweed eggdrop soup, veggie spring rolls, extra spicy beef chow fun, and shrimp chow mein. leftovers to bring to work monday.

Back
Top Bottom