Dinner Friday 15th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went shopping at Costco, so I knew I would be too pooped to cook. I picked up a rotisserie chicken and served that with a green salad (red, curly lettuce, red cabbage, red onions, and snow peas) with a vinaigrette made of EVOO, cider vinegar, Dijon mustar, garlic, and anchovies. The chicken was good (of course) and the salad was really good. Had it with Caballero de Chile. That's a red wine, but we are out of white.

Wait a minute here... :rolleyes:
Can you really call a salad made with red curly lettuce, red cabbage, red onions and snow peas a green salad? :LOL:

I'm on Plan B. I have three tacos shells in the cupboard. Three. [insert three capital letters here] am I doing with three taco shells when I eat them five at a time? :ohmy:
I am not going to make myself only three tacos for dinner...
So I'm on plan B. Some quick spaghetti using the hamburger is sounding good right now.

We picked up a pepperoni pizza on the way home from getting SO's car from the shop. A cold beer made a complete meal.

We went to our favorite restaurant here in Williamsburg. SO had fried ravioli and the acorn squash stuffed with quinoa, apples, cranberries, & pecans. I had the roasted vegetable bisque soup and the eggplant Parmesan. All good and I forgot to take pics. I'll do better at dinner tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Beef flauta's from Costco with guacamole and salsa, rice, lettuce, tomato's and onions.

Wait a minute here... :rolleyes:
Can you really call a salad made with red curly lettuce, red cabbage, red onions and snow peas a green salad? :LOL:

I'm on Plan B. I have three tacos shells in the cupboard. Three. [insert three capital letters here] am I doing with three taco shells when I eat them five at a time? :ohmy:
I am not going to make myself only three tacos for dinner...
So I'm on plan B. Some quick spaghetti using the hamburger is sounding good right now.
:LOL: Well, it wasn't quite a red salad. The red curly lettuce actually has more green than red, but you make a good point.

Today the guys had their usual pizza and I made myself a pizza with a carb balance tortilla. It was great. I had tried the cauliflower pizza crust last week and didn't really like it. This I liked! Nice to have pizza. :yum:

Today the guys had their usual pizza and I made myself a pizza with a carb balance tortilla. It was great. I had tried the cauliflower pizza crust last week and didn't really like it. This I liked! Nice to have pizza. :yum:
Cauliflower crust? :ohmy:

My spaghetz. I made it puttanesca style, with anchovies, garlic, red pepper flakes, kalamatta olives & capers and the addition of hamburger. I wanted to use a can of whole tomatoes and crush them for a chunkier sauce, but all I had in the pantry were cans of crushed :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Spaghetti Puttanesca.jpg
    Spaghetti Puttanesca.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 138
I ended up thawing some ground venison for Za-Za. For myself, I made "MN hotdish in my small CI skillet" (ground venison, grated carrot, grated potato, a bit of sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and topped with sirarachi sauce--the new ketchup).

My spaghetz. I made it puttanesca style, with anchovies, garlic, red pepper flakes, kalamatta olives & capers and the addition of hamburger. I wanted to use a can of whole tomatoes and crush them for a chunkier sauce, but all I had in the pantry were cans of crushed :rolleyes:
Oooohh. anchovies. Love 'em...Nice shpagg.....

Back
Top Bottom