Dinner Friday 16th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gumbo... I haven't made gumbo in forever. And I just happen to have a few shrimp.
Maybe gumbo for tonight's dinner. It depends on what kind of sausage I can fine. I'm not exactly in an andouille area.

I once was in a bind as we were out of andouille so I grabbed some Thomas, Ragin Cajun andouille at the grocery. It wasn't bad. It was located with the kielbasa.

Cool. I will look for a Cajun type sausage in the packaged sausage area. I might luck out and be able to get it locally instead of driving into the city.

It's still chilly and the heater isn't working so I'm starting a big pot of butterbeans with turkey neck pieces and andouille.

I do live where andouille is easy to come by. I keep some in the freezer. It's a wonderful "seasoning" meat, especially for beans.

Osso buco (in the slow cooker)
Penne with gremolata, artichoke hearts & Parm
Cannoli (from the bakery)

Heading south on a well-worn track to my parents' home in Florida. This will probably be the last time I see my father, if he lives for the next few days. Anyway, we usually eat at a barbecue place in Paducah that is convenient and close to the hotel that is pet-friendly. So, probably ribs.
Safe travels and positive thoughts and {{{HUGS}}}.

Our grandson is celebrating his 6th birthday @ Chuck E Cheese tonight. We'll be there to celebrate with him. Neither SO nor I care for their pizzas so we'll grab something to eat on the way home.

I am trying to stay away from anything related to roast chicken/turkey until after Thanksgiving. If I do cook it will be cubed steak, cut into slivers with a gravy on top of mashed potato's or egg noodles. If I poop out on cooking the pizza man will be visiting. I kind of have a yen for garlic/spinach pizza. Keeps the vampires away.

Andy M. said:
Our grandson is celebrating his 6th birthday @ Chuck E Cheese tonight. We'll be there to celebrate with him. Neither SO nor I care for their pizzas so we'll grab something to eat on the way home.

Chuck E Cheese is so much fun. Enjoy!

Happy 6th Birthday to your grandson Andy :)

Heading south on a well-worn track to my parents' home in Florida. This will probably be the last time I see my father, if he lives for the next few days. Anyway, we usually eat at a barbecue place in Paducah that is convenient and close to the hotel that is pet-friendly. So, probably ribs.

Claire, my thoughts are with you x

Take care and safe travels

Really do not feel like cooking.. maybe i will run to 5 guys for some burgers..

Dead fish. That's what I've decided on. I've got the block thawing now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom