Dinner Friday 16th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gumbo... I haven't made gumbo in forever. And I just happen to have a few shrimp.
Maybe gumbo for tonight's dinner. It depends on what kind of sausage I can fine. I'm not exactly in an andouille area.
Pac--andouille is easy to make (it was one of the types of sausages I made when I went on my sausage-making kick last January).

Me make sausage?
Naaaah...

I'll pick some up whenever I get into a big market. Which better be shortly if I'm going to have turkey next week. The town grocer didn't have anything on their shelves that resembled something I would want to put in gumbo. They don't carry chorizo either, for whatever that's worth.
Thus is life in a farm town :LOL:

I have to change my mind. Need to reserve pizza night for tomorrow as I will be working on Thanksgiving stuff and won't want to cook after that. We are going with Joe's Special over rice. It's kind of a hash thing.

Joe's Special Ground Beef, Spinach Eggs) Recipe - Food.com - 96477
Minus the ground beef, that looks like s/thing I want to make for breakfast (using Swiss Chard or kale) with brown rice on the side. Thanks for sharing that link.

Me make sausage?
Naaaah...

I'll pick some up whenever I get into a big market. Which better be shortly if I'm going to have turkey next week. The town grocer didn't have anything on their shelves that resembled something I would want to put in gumbo. They don't carry chorizo either, for whatever that's worth.
You could buy ground pork and ground beef and make your own. I live in a farm town and can usually get chorizo, but since I made some, I no longer want to buy it. I guess my farm town stalks more sausage varieties than your farm town.:LOL:

You could buy ground pork and ground beef and make your own. I live in a farm town and can usually get chorizo, but since I made some, I no longer want to buy it. I guess my farm town stalks more sausage varieties than your farm town.:LOL:

Stalks? :ermm:
If there is any stalking going on, it's in MY farm town :LOL:

Seriously, I was surprised to see them stocking panko crumbs a couple months ago. I'm not sure when they slid that one onto the shelves. I'll bet we have half an aisle of jellies and jams though :rolleyes:

Me make sausage?
Naaaah...

I have never made sausages either Pac...bit messy :LOL:

The fish was walleye (yellow pike) and not perch, so I decided to give C Maloney's batter a try. I have to say, I'm not a battered fish guy, but it was pretty darn good :chef: Served up with some fries and a caper tartar sauce.

Attachments

• battered fish1.jpg
    battered fish1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 148
  • battered fish2.jpg
    battered fish2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 139
Heading south on a well-worn track to my parents' home in Florida. This will probably be the last time I see my father, if he lives for the next few days. Anyway, we usually eat at a barbecue place in Paducah that is convenient and close to the hotel that is pet-friendly. So, probably ribs.

I'm sorry it will be a sad journey for you Claire - best wishes.

The fish was walleye (yellow pike) and not perch, so I decided to give C Maloney's batter a try. I have to say, I'm not a battered fish guy, but it was pretty darn good :chef: Served up with some fries and a caper tartar sauce.

Pac, that looks sooooo tasty :yum:

I love battered fish :yum:

Looks great Pac - I often serve my fish (usually wild barramundi or snapper) with a caper sauce (aioli mixed with yoghurt and capers). :yum:

Stalks? :ermm:
If there is any stalking going on, it's in MY farm town :LOL:

Seriously, I was surprised to see them stocking panko crumbs a couple months ago. I'm not sure when they slid that one onto the shelves. I'll bet we have half an aisle of jellies and jams though :rolleyes:
:LOL::LOL:I'm tired--I've been chopping too many stalks of celery this week for my liking! Although, maybe that is what happens--someone stalks the meat market manager to make sure the sausage offered is more than just h'dogs and brauts (or would that be brats...told you I'm tired). And, is your stocking cheese curds? Mine is. But, darned if I could find blackstrap molasses. Nope, the wee little store around the corner (chain grocery store) does NOT, I repeat, does NOT stock blackstrap molasses, just fancy. I want Aunt Diana's!

Last edited:
:LOL: What a shame about the molasses. Maybe there's a city not too far away that would stock it, or maybe you could buy it online? We are pretty lucky in Melbourne - basically if you can't get it, it's not allowed in Australia. Things like unhomogenised milk products, and unpasteurised cheeses from France aren't allowed in. Much to many's regret.

Walleye in beer-batter is SHORE LUNCH food. It also makes great fish for fish tacos...but then, walleye any which way is excellent, IMO.

CWS4322 said:
Walleye in beer-batter is SHORE LUNCH food. It also makes great fish for fish tacos...but then, walleye any which way is excellent, IMO.

+1

pacanis said:

Wow Pac! That fish looks great, I'm going to have to try that batter!

Back
Top Bottom