Dinner Friday 17th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight Steve said we are going out for dinner :)

We are going to an asian fusion restaurant that we have been to once before and really enjoyed it :)

Will let you know when we get back what we had!

Kylie, I must ask you, what time is it right now in Oz? Most of us are just finishing our Thursday dinners here! It's not yet even 7:00 PM.

Last edited:
Kylie, I must ask you, what time is it right now in Oz? Most of us are just finishing our Thursday dinners here!

I am starting to believe, like someone else mentioned before and I rebuffed, it is a bit of a preoccupation with her.
I can only imagine how someone starting a dinner thread a day late on an Oz cooking forum would go over. :wacko:

Oh, and I am just starting too cook mine, Dawg, but I have no idea what time zone you are in anyway :)

I am starting to believe, like someone else mentioned before and I rebuffed, it is a bit of a preoccupation with her.
I can only imagine how someone starting a dinner thread a day late on an Oz cooking forum would go over. :wacko:

Oh, and I am just starting too cook mine, Dawg, but I have no idea what time zone you are in anyway :)

:LOL: Yes, I should have said either starting or finishing. We're in CST.

Last edited:
Ahh, central... I am about an hour behind getting things going anyway, so you might as well have said Mountain :LOL:

if my calculations are correct, kylie is acst, or zulu time + 9:30 or 10.

i'm not exactly sure as we have no news bureaus in oz, and therefore any clocks to set as such.

seems to me kylie is a true foodie, planning dinner when she gets up. same as me. or even a day in advance.

Last edited:
Thank you Tom and yes you right, I do plan our dinners ahead of time :)

I do a fortnightly menu, so I am quite organized with our dinners and know every morning what we are having for dinner that night

I am pleased that you were able to gauge that Tom :yum:

i am a clock setting mother fu()&^%. :)

it's part of my job. i have to set clock sytems for our computers and visible ones in our control rooms and news rooms every 6 months. or sooner if there's a problem. we set our systems to a comparison between the naval observatory and a cesium standard counter.

and i just googled adelaide... :cool:

That face is meant to be a smily face, not one licking it's lips btw :ROFLMAO:

Nice one...what have you found out about Adelaide so far?

Our meal out was delicious!

We shared all the meals...we had spring rolls for entree and 2 mains, Crispy Beef, Fried Battered Duck and fried rice...it was all so nice :yum:

Sounds great! Tonite (in Western PA, Eastern Standard Time) I'll be making Friday dinner at the Chevelle household, which consists of pizza! I've been expanding from typical New York Style and Neopolitan to Chicago deep dish and Sicilian. We're really enjoying the Chicago with fresh (frozen from last years garden) crushed tomatoes, sausage and provolone cheese. The crust is very rich with 25%+- oils (olive, veg, and butter). I was never excited about Sicilain from a pizza shop, but I'm really enjoying homemade, again with fresh sauce.

I'm thinking it's leftovers night. There's chicken mexicana, rice, sweet and sour chicken, spaghetti, and other dribs and drabs of things. Grocery store run this afternoon so will need space in the fridge for the new stuff.

We will be having our crawfish pizzas tonight. Haven't decided on the Egg or the grill though.:chef:

Mountain time here:rolleyes:, just finishing breakfast.

My BIL is out of town this weekend so I will be over at my sisters a lot. She will soon pick me up for an excercise class and will discuss dinner/supper plans but I expect to be at her house with an unknown menu.:)

Simple dinner tonight, striploin steak (8 mins per side) plus salade (lettuce & vinaigrette only) and ciabatta. Cheese to follow.

I'm busy all day cooking for tomorrow's dinner and for the charity bake sale so we'll be having take-out. SO offered to pick up KFC and I didn't complain.

Tonight I am making jabbur's Mexican chicken parm using some chicken cutlets and various taco fixins.

Strawberries and whipped cream for dessert!

Kylie, I must ask you, what time is it right now in Oz? Most of us are just finishing our Thursday dinners here!

Bookmark this site for future reference: World Time Clock & Map ;)

I have three pints of grape tomatoes I bought about a week ago. A few of them were a bit tired so I pitched them, but the rest are perfectly fine for roasting. Making a batch of roasted tomato sauce to put over some gnocci we got at the pasta shop near Boston. Tossed salad too, of course!

Back
Top Bottom