Dinner Friday 18th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making a Lemon and Ginger Chicken Stir Fry and also making fried rice :yum:

I just took top sirloin steak out to defrost. I think I will top it with sauteed mushrooms (maybe onions too) and serve with baked potatoes and asparagus. We aren't going to our friends' tomorrow night so we will make it kind of an at-home date night. A steak dinner and a movie or two. :cool: I might even flirt with my honey bunny a little bit. :brows:

i have to work until 4pm (training on yet another new a/v router, but i have to admit from a nerd standpoint this one is pretty neat!), and then i get a whole 7 hours off before i have to be back in to work by 11pm. so dinner will be some kind of takeout if i'm still awake when i get home and haven't driven off into a ditch.

i'm kind of in the mood for lamb shanks over orzo, but the diner near me doesn't always have them.

Change of plans...we ended up having Indian from our local takeaway :)

Change of plans here too! I walked to the shop to buy bread and milk and ended up getting soaked! Just came out of nowhere :( I'm wet and far from happy! I'll make hotdogs with the viennas. I'm not cooking!

call me crazy It is 10 degrees out and I am craving a grilled hotdog/hamburger , so i made a macaroni salad and Im grilling tonight,

I love grilling when it's cold out. No moths hanging out by the door waiting to fly inside ;)

I have some ground beef thawed. Not sure what it will become. Either burgers or meatloaf. Salads with either. Corn pudding with burgers or mashed taters with meatloaf. I'll see which I feel like making closer to dinner time.

I have some ground beef thawed. Not sure what it will become. Either burgers or meatloaf. Salads with either. Corn pudding with burgers or mashed taters with meatloaf. I'll see which I feel like making closer to dinner time.

Tough one! I would have liked the meatloaf and corn pudding most :yum:

Doing a quick dash to NY this afternoon, so dinner will be s/thing fast and easy...I'm thinking Bombay potatoes might be the ideal comfort food...It's COLD here.

We get to go out for dinner tonight. I'm thinking broiled fish - hopefully walleye. Steak sounds good too. We'll see when it comes to dinner time. Gosh, it's been so long since we have done this, other than burgers or chinese, I am not sure what is on menus anymore.

I have an embarassement of riches at my house. Both the pot roast and chicken tortilla soup came out fan-flippin'-tastic. So leftover for us. I do have to go to Costco today for some things so I will pick up one of their sashimi / pupu packages.

I was hoping for sea scallops and when I got to the market, there were a few scallops left on display on sale at $8.99/lb!! I asked if there were any more and sadly there weren't.

I opted for a Scottish salmon filet for me and a haddock fillet for SO. They looked really good and were fresh so I'm not terribly disappointed.

We'll have a Caesar salad and maybe some little red potatoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom