Dinner Friday 1st February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having a chicken stir fry with our lovely homemade version of fried rice

We'll probably do leftovers. There's plenty of spaghetti and turkey and rice left. I will be working on homework most of the day for my session at 9 am tomorrow. The pantry is full but there's next to no meat in the house. I think there's a bit of stew beef in the freezer but no time to do anything with it at the moment.

Lunch was substantial (I probably didn't need that bag of cheese curls as an appetizer while returning from the grocery store :pig:), but supposing I get my appetite back in six hours or so... I plan on heating and picking on the two leftover rib bones from last night's roast, a baked potato with sour cream, a dish of LPB's mushroom gratin, and maybe a crock of French Onion soup. Basically a little of this and a little of that.

Had a small snowfall last night which brought in a significant cold front. Looks like the high today won't be much more than 30F.

Seemed like a soup day to me so I browned several pounds of nice soup bones in the oven and cooked up some beef chunks and onions and threw everything in the crock-pot with lots and lots of veggies, some home-canned tomatoes, beef stock and a few herbs. We'll have thick slices of the pumpernickel bread I made earlier in the week and finish the gubana for dessert.

It is cold here--I'm going with a pasta dish. Got some homemade roasted tomato sauce from the freezer, mushrooms, chickpeas, Monterey Jack pepper cheese, some shellfish stock, shrimp. I'll toss it all together and call it dinner.

I am going to make some fried rice out of leftover fried chicken legs. Maybe steam up some frozen pork and leak dumplings. By myself. Netflix.....Laying low. Heading to Vegas in a couple of days.

I am going to make some fried rice out of leftover fried chicken legs. Maybe steam up some frozen pork and leak dumplings. By myself. Netflix.....Laying low. Heading to Vegas in a couple of days.

What will you be doing in Vegas Rock?

It is cold here--I'm going with a pasta dish. Got some homemade roasted tomato sauce from the freezer, mushrooms, chickpeas, Monterey Jack pepper cheese, some shellfish stock, shrimp. I'll toss it all together and call it dinner.
Went with pasta. Found some homemade sausage in the freezer (before I found any shrimp). Used a bit of the shellfish stock, black olives, artichoke hearts, peppers, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, tomato sauce, chickpeas, bok choy, lemon zest. I'm stuffed. I'm thinking a poached egg on the leftover sauce with a side of rice would be tasty in the morning...

Attachments

• pasta_cws 051.jpg
    pasta_cws 051.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 171
  • pasta_cws 052.jpg
    pasta_cws 052.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 171
Went with pasta. Found some homemade sausage in the freezer (before I found any shrimp). Used a bit of the shellfish stock, black olives, artichoke hearts, peppers, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, tomato sauce, chickpeas, bok choy, lemon zest. I'm stuffed. I'm thinking a poached egg on the leftover sauce with a side of rice would be tasty in the morning...

Yum CWS..I love the look of your dinner :yum:

Looks delish, CWS!

I'm having a couple of talapia fillets poached in butter with garlic and dill.

Thanks, Kylie and Zee. I just pulled things out of the freezer, cupboard, and zested a lemon. My usual style of cooking--winging it in the kitchen--tasting as I went. I did add cayenne pepper and a wee bit of my friend's homemade curry powder to the sauce. It was very tasty.

Last edited:
Nope. Just the one time for those onions.
I'm glad it didn't cost much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom