Dinner Friday 1st March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BIL is over today so he and TB are having pork chops, oven wedge fries, kale and brussel sprout salad (an awesome mix I get at Costco) and a vegetable not yet picked out.

I am back on my strict allergy diet so I am having the salad with some chicken, avocado and goat cheese in it and lemon juice for the dressing.

Yum, I love mussels.

Still in the hospital. DH is bringing me a turkey-apple club sandwich from one of my favorite restaurants. He will be having the Greek lamb hoagie.

The Ten Top | 748 Shirley Ave Norfolk, VA 23517

Oh GG, I didn't know you were in the hospital (a lot going on in my life). Hope you are not there long. I am glad your hubby can bring you some "real" food. Get better soon! :flowers:

Garlic bread not pictured :pig:

Attachments

• Steak dinner 3-1-13.jpg
    Steak dinner 3-1-13.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 230
We're having pork schnitzel, Hasselback potatoes, salad, and maybe some rødkål.
Garlic powder, onion powder, and chervil in the compound butter in the Hasselback potatoes worked really well. The whole meal turned out tasty and I have three schnitzels left for sandwiches. :pig:

IMG_3384.JPG

You're making me hungry and I just finished supper. Is that yellow stuff the cauliflower? How is that prepared?

It's good to be hungry! :)

I steam the cauliflower it in a little broth with garlic cloves and then mash everything with some butter. Good stuff. I usually use chicken broth or a mixture of chicken & beef... whatever's on hand.

Garlic powder, onion powder, and chervil in the compound butter in the Hasselback potatoes worked really well. The whole meal turned out tasty and I have three schnitzels left for sandwiches. :pig:

IMG_3384.JPG

Oh man... Sweet! :yum::yum::yum:
I made some schnitzels the other day. I think they are going to become a favorite. Your breading and color came out perfect.

Oh GG, I didn't know you were in the hospital (a lot going on in my life). Hope you are not there long. I am glad your hubby can bring you some "real" food. Get better soon! :flowers:

Thanks, Laurie. I should be going home soon.

TL and Pac, your dinners look yummy.

I'm planning to make scalloped potatoes with ham. Spinach for the vegetable. :yum::yum:

Do you combine the ham and potatoes, or separately. I have a killer scalloped potatoes recipe on my website (mostly stolen from Rombaeur and Becker) but you could easily lay in prosciutto ham for a recipe like you describe.

Anybody PM me for the URL to my recipe or just buy Joy of Cooking cookbook which is very similar. In fact I think every cooking enthusiast should own a copy of Joy of Cooking. It was what we used before the Internet. Still valid after all these years...

Oven baked tandoori chicken, curried rice pilaf, and palak paneer.

I don't know where my wife found these free range chicken breasts but they are HUGE. This bird's name must have been "Dolly" ;)

ROFL :LOL:

The chicken sounds lovely Steve :)

IMG_3384.JPG

That looks wonderful Taxy :yum:

Oven baked tandoori chicken, curried rice pilaf, and palak paneer.

I don't know where my wife found these free range chicken breasts but they are HUGE. This bird's name must have been "Dolly" ;)
NOOOO!!!! The owl brought my missing hens to MN!!! You ATE them? NO!!!!!

IMG_3384.JPG
Shoot...too late for me to hit the road. I love schnitzel. Looks great, TL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom