Dinner Friday 20-March-2015 - Duck Duck Goose...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are you cooking?

• Duck

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Goose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Ok, so no goose and only one duck. The duck is in the oven doing that slow roast thing and rendering that liquid gold. The excess fat is in a pot on the stove, rendering that liquid gold. The liver has been pated. Whew...

Plan on mashed califlower stuff and a ceaser salad to go with all this duck goodness.

I love duck.

So.. which of the three choices are you cooking tonight? (Duck, goose, other) :D

No cooking here tonight. Stirling was going to go to a role playing game, but one of the other players has a lurgy and figures he's contagious, so nothing was planned. We will either order out or scrounge.

My other will be cereal for The Pirate who is sick with the flu and nothing for me. No appetite. :angel:

No duck, unless you want to count me ducking out of my planned entree. :-p Wore myself out cleaning, so I've got an old standby, tuna-rice casserole, in the oven. Originally a can of tuna/can of mixed veggies/can of cream of mushroom soup/cup of instant rice, it now requires two cans of tuna due to the issue of product downsizing. Grrr...

We'll probably rummage through the fruit bin later tonight since I'm not making a fresh veggie or salad.

Couldn't you even manage a bowl or mug of soup? Even canned soup would be better than nothing.

OK, so I'm nagging but we worry about you.

Yeah. I had a bowl of steamed broccoli with butter. I wasn't hungry, but I am trying. Nagging is fine with me. It works. :angel:

I had a burger flipped more then once. ;)

Salted patty of ground chuck with Worcestershire sauce added.
Melted extra sharp cheddar on top.

Yellow mustard, Pepper, Ketchup, and cole slaw as condiments.

Crock Pot beans as a side.:yum:

But now I want a duck. :mad:

Last edited:
Who was the other one who had duck? :yum: :LOL:

I voted 'other'. It's almost 5:30 here and I still have nothing planned for dinner. I had a late big lunch, so will probably just nibble on cheese, salami, crackers, and call that good.

Pierogies, w/ sun dried tomatoes, garlic,onion,capers.

img_1414171_0_0ecd635ad06c5d692f489543c9b458da.jpg

img_1414171_1_bc403c3f53068eeaf2cac84b6e45d560.jpg

We should be having duck Frank. I still have my first duck in the freezer waiting for me to get the nerve to cook the lil darlin.

We're having grilled Ruben Sandwiches with Gruyere cheese and kraut on dill rye, glorified green salads from SousChef on the side.

That looks spectacular Joey!

We ordered from Mr. Falafel. As usual, it was excellent. We had a falafel platter and a combo (chicken & beef) platter. Regular order: no rice, extra potatoes, one iceberg and tomato salad swapped out for tabbouleh. As we were enjoying the pickled turnip, we talked about what we would have said if someone had offered us "pickled raw turnip with beet juice". :LOL:

We should be having duck Frank. I still have my first duck in the freezer waiting for me to get the nerve to cook the lil darlin.

We're having grilled Ruben Sandwiches with Gruyere cheese and kraut on dill rye, glorified green salads from SousChef on the side.

That looks spectacular Joey!

Thanks Kayelle, Joey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom