Dinner Friday 22nd February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my boy and i went out for lunch today for some buffalo wings at cubby's in hackensack, nj ( who needs a house out in hackensack? is that all you get for your money)

well, apparently not. as we were finishing our overpriced wings ($1.10/wing), a cockroach ran across our table. i swatted it away and it ran under a nearby garbage can. cockroaches coming out in the middle of the day? not good. so on our way out, i asked for the manager and told him about it. he looked shocked, and ridiculously looked under our table as if trying to find more. he never apologized even after i said we'd never be back, nor did he offer a refund. i wouldn't have gone back anyway at their prices. $25 for a rack of ribs, $3 for a 12 oz. soda in nothing more fancy that an average forces? gimme a break. but the cockroach was the kicker. if they come out in the light like that, the place has a real problem.

i'm going on yelp now to give them a suitable review. :mad::mad:

the day got better afterwards, though, as we spent the afternoon at nearby batting cages. i was really proud of the little guy for hitting 45mph balls with good consistency. not bad for a kid not even 9 yet.

then we went home to happily find dw making turkey meatliaf, mashed potatoes, and corn.

no cockroaches.

Tom, if there were cockroaches in the dining room, imagine what it was like in their kitchen. :sick:

Quick and cheap tonight. I found Red Baron pepperoni and supreme pizzas the other night at Walgreen's for $3 each ($5.99 buy one, get one free). So we are having pizza tonight.

We lunched on more of the carb overload from last night's United Way dinner, so not hungry right now. I do have a hankering for Mom's carrot casserole, so may throw that together, if I can remember the recipe.

my boy and i went out for lunch today for some buffalo wings at cubby's in hackensack, nj ( who needs a house out in hackensack? is that all you get for your money)

well, apparently not. as we were finishing our overpriced wings ($1.10/wing), a cockroach ran across our table. i swatted it away and it ran under a nearby garbage can. cockroaches coming out in the middle of the day? not good. so on our way out, i asked for the manager and told him about it. he looked shocked, and ridiculously looked under our table as if trying to find more. he never apologized even after i said we'd never be back, nor did he offer a refund. i wouldn't have gone back anyway at their prices. $25 for a rack of ribs, $3 for a 12 oz. soda in nothing more fancy that an average forces? gimme a break. but the cockroach was the kicker. if they come out in the light like that, the place has a real problem.

i'm going on yelp now to give them a suitable review. :mad::mad:

the day got better afterwards, though, as we spent the afternoon at nearby batting cages. i was really proud of the little guy for hitting 45mph balls with good consistency. not bad for a kid not even 9 yet.

then we went home to happily find dw making turkey meatliaf, mashed potatoes, and corn.

no cockroaches.
I grew up in HackNSmack! LOL Used to blast that song. Only been to Cubby's ONCE never again. They used to have a sign on the wall saying that Ronny Ray Gun and staff order out from there.

Related note - I once saw a roach big enough to saddle run across the floor at the Candlewick Dinner just before the last renovation. AND there was a kitchen fire at the Chilis on rt 17 in east rutherford and when the firemen knocked into the kitchen wall an avalanche of roaches fell out. Those are 2 places I DO NOT eat any more.

I wasn't planning on cooking tonight, but my friend has a dental appointment in the a.m., so we postponed until tomorrow. I was getting pork that was on sale ready for sausage so I marinated some cubes in sirachi (sp), with ginger, garlic, grated jalapeno, juice of two key limes (they are tiny) a dab of sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, pepper. Stir-fried with some celery, mushrooms, bok choy. I tossed some rice noodles on to cook and pulled together a salad with grapefruit, blueberries, pecans, and about 1 tsp of Parmesan, dressed with a dash of walnut oil and balsamic vinegar. No name for this (but it was tasty). Just another one of my "pig slop" meals cooked on the fly.

Attachments

• pork 041.jpg
    pork 041.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 137
  • pork 043.jpg
    pork 043.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 140
I wasn't planning on cooking tonight, but my friend has a dental appointment in the a.m., so we postponed until tomorrow. I was getting pork that was on sale ready for sausage so I marinated some cubes in sirachi (sp), with ginger, garlic, grated jalapeno, juice of two key limes (they are tiny) a dab of sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, pepper. Stir-fried with some celery, mushrooms, bok choy. I tossed some rice noodles on to cook and pulled together a salad with grapefruit, blueberries, pecans, and about 1 tsp of Parmesan, dressed with a dash of walnut oil and balsamic vinegar. No name for this (but it was tasty). Just another one of my "pig slop" meals cooked on the fly.
Looks wonderful

Dinner Tonight

Shrimp, Oven Roasted with Olive Oil and Sea Salt, then hit with fresh lemon, Creamy Polenta w/ Marscapone Cheese and Fresh Green Beans :)

I ate a BIG bowl of penne pasta with butter at 4:00 today.
I now sit here thinking that was dinner. My taste buds are saying feed me, but that is all that's saying that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom