Dinner Friday 22nd February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure. Heading into town for a shop this afternoon. May stay in and hit a restaurant, but I hate eating out on a Friday night around here. Everything is so packed and there isn't much choice to begin with. So, I begrudge waiting for lackluster, overpriced food and bad service.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.:mad: Think I'll go back....:LOL:

Planning Split pea with smoked ham soup and maybe corn bread.

I haven't been cooking much lately due to my temporary semi-ambulatory state, but tonight I'm going to whip up some tomato-chicken-lentil stew to help clean up some of the leftovers in the fridge and pantry. DW has been steadily improving with her new found cooking skills, but I'm still much better at figuring out ways to use up the leftovers. ;)

I haven't been cooking much lately due to my temporary semi-ambulatory state, but tonight I'm going to whip up some tomato-chicken-lentil stew to help clean up some of the leftovers in the fridge and pantry. DW has been steadily improving with her new found cooking skills, but I'm still much better at figuring out ways to use up the leftovers. ;)

You've assumed the role of Executive Chef. You tell DW what to do.

I still have ham left so I need to do something with that. I'm thinking of chopping some up and trying the No-boil mac and cheese recipe Chief posted earlier with chunks of ham added in.

You've assumed the role of Executive Chef. You tell DW what to do.
Lol... delegation would have to be done very diplomatically. While I sit inside the warm house right now sipping my tea, she is outside clearing snow off the driveway - and not looking very happy about it. If not handled with kid gloves, I could end up delegating myself right to the doghouse. :LOL:

Lol... delegation would have to be done very diplomatically. While I sit inside the warm house right now sipping my tea, she is outside clearing snow off the driveway - and not looking very happy about it. If not handled with kid gloves, I could end up delegating myself right to the doghouse. :LOL:

I understand completely.

I guess you do as Paul Prudhomme does and sit at a table for prep or in front of the stove to cook.

I could really go for some mexican food.. but will probably end up with grilled cheese sandwiches..

Tonight we had tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches. For dessert this afternoon I made some carmel bars from a box of cake mix and instead of putting in the chocolate chips I put in butterschotch chips. Grandson loved them (he had three).:)

my boy and i went out for lunch today for some buffalo wings at cubby's in hackensack, nj ( who needs a house out in hackensack? is that all you get for your money)

well, apparently not. as we were finishing our overpriced wings ($1.10/wing), a cockroach ran across our table. i swatted it away and it ran under a nearby garbage can. cockroaches coming out in the middle of the day? not good. so on our way out, i asked for the manager and told him about it. he looked shocked, and ridiculously looked under our table as if trying to find more. he never apologized even after i said we'd never be back, nor did he offer a refund. i wouldn't have gone back anyway at their prices. $25 for a rack of ribs, $3 for a 12 oz. soda in nothing more fancy that an average forces? gimme a break. but the cockroach was the kicker. if they come out in the light like that, the place has a real problem.

i'm going on yelp now to give them a suitable review. :mad::mad:

the day got better afterwards, though, as we spent the afternoon at nearby batting cages. i was really proud of the little guy for hitting 45mph balls with good consistency. not bad for a kid not even 9 yet.

then we went home to happily find dw making turkey meatliaf, mashed potatoes, and corn.

no cockroaches.

Last edited:
Tom, you should also contact health and safety about that place...that is disgusting!!

Back
Top Bottom