Dinner Friday 22nd March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight, very soon actually, we are making Korma Butter Chicken with cous cous and also making some flatbreads :chef:

Tonight, very soon actually, we are making Korma Butter Chicken with cous cous and also making some flatbreads :chef:

Since you are always trying new recipes and you love chicken, I've dug up an old favourite I used to make when I still loved chicken for you.
I think you'll like this.

Black Chicken
2 kg Chicken thighs and legs (skinned) skins don't work well with this recipe
1 cup worcestershire sauce
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of white grape or malt vinegar
3 large onions sliced
300gr of brown mushrooms sliced

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown with onions and mushrooms.
Place in a casserole dish. Mix the rest of the ingredients with 250ml of water. Pour over chicken and bake for 2 hours. Check occasionally if it needs more water. Sauce can be thickened with a cornstarch slurry if thicker sauce is preferred. Serve with plain rice.
P.S Carrots and potatoes can be added but note the veggies will discolour.
I serve steamed veg on the side instead

P.S Tomato sauce is (Ketchup)

We will be eating at our friends' house. She mentioned that she has some avocados that should be ready tomorrow, so I think I have her talked into tacos. :cool:

I've been wanting to make a vegetarian lasagne all week. Not sure if I'll do it today or tomorrow. I am thinking of using eggplant instead of pasta for one of the noodle layers and making some brown rice lasagne sheets for the other noodle layers. If not today, than tomorrow and today will be something simple.

That sounds good. Kathleen really likes butter chicken. We ordered curry last night.

Tonight I have a duck out and dressed in the fridge to dry a bit. Will stick it in the over in a couple hours.

ROAST DUCK! :yum:

And thanks for getting us started each day.

Yum, Frank! I haven't had duck in ages. It isn't TB's favourite so I don't serve it often.

I am not totally sure what to have today, but I do know it will centre around some mild Italian sausage. Could be pizza, pasta or sausage subs! :)

I still have some spinach salad fixins lurking in the frig, may whip up an elegant PBJ :chef: to go with and for sure some popcorn for the NCAA viewings..

Hamburger stroganoff with spaetzel or noodles and asparagus. Maybe glazed carrots if I feel like it.

We'll be working on cleaning out the freezer tonight. I have some wings, shrimp, pot stickers, TJ's flat bread. I think we can make a meal.

Got a chuck roast in the oven. It a little bit I'll scrub up some spuds and get them baking and have them along with salads.

Seafood of some sort.
I have gulf shrimp, mahi-mahi, scallops and a few whiting fillets in the freezer. I may even have some crab meat left.

That sounds good. Kathleen really likes butter chicken. We ordered curry last night.

And thanks for getting us started each day.

Thank you Frank :)

I am sure that Kathleen would love some of the Butter Chicken recipes we have been trying out, we have 2 now that we really love and they really do taste like the meals from the Indian restaurant we frequent, one in particular. One is a bit involved but the end taste is amazing, the other one is a quicker, easier recipe, but tastes great for a weeknight dinner :)

If you like I could PM you the 2 recipes :)

Thank you Frank :)

I am sure that Kathleen would love some of the Butter Chicken recipes we have been trying out, we have 2 now that we really love and they really do taste like the meals from the Indian restaurant we frequent, one in particular. One is a bit involved but the end taste is amazing, the other one is a quicker, easier recipe, but tastes great for a weeknight dinner :)

If you like I could PM you the 2 recipes :)

Now wait just a doggone minute! What about the rest of us? We'd like them too!

Cincinnati turkey chili on spaghetti. I'm going to adapt my recipe to the pressure cooker. Cheddar cheese and chopped onion to top it with. Salad on the side.

Last edited:
Now wait just a doggone minute! What about the rest of us? We'd like them too!

One is a recipe from a past Aussie Masterchef contestant and the other is from another forum....so I can put the Masterchef one on and put the source but the other one I cant, but I can PM it to you too if you like DL :)

Back
Top Bottom