Dinner Friday 24th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe I'l clam up tomorrow, BT.
Nice action shot of the steaks. I like that pan, too. Nice high lip around it.

I'm cooking breakfast for dinner. Home fries, Canadian link sausage, a piece of steak from the freezer I'll put on some garlic toast and scrambled eggs.

thanks, pac. it's a calphalon pan that my wife picked up on sale somewhere for a song. it works great and is heavy enough to do a good job, but not too heavy for her to move around easily.

and you're making me hungry for ham and eggs. i haven't had it in a long time. :pig:

i think tomorrow morning will be steak and eggs with the leftover piece of rib steak from tonight.

thanks, pac. it's a calphalon pan that my wife picked up on sale somewhere for a song. it works great and is heavy enough to do a good job, but not too heavy for her to move around easily.

and you're making me hungry for ham and eggs. i haven't had it in a long time. :pig:

i think tomorrow morning will be steak and eggs with the leftover piece of rib steak from tonight.

Rib steak, is that the same as ribeye, BT? Have not heard that term around here. Not surprising.

They look fantastic!

Tonight's vegetable lo mein with mushrooms, scallions, garlic, and ginger.

Rib steak, is that the same as ribeye, BT? Have not heard that term around here. Not surprising.

They look fantastic!

thanks, dawg.

yep, rib steaks are the same as rib eyes. they're both steaks cut from a rib roast. if it were prime grade, then it would be from a prime rib roast. these were just choice grade angus, though.

if you look closely, one has a more defined eye, the other doesn't, so i prefer to call them rib steaks instead of ribeyes.

my sister unexpectedly rang me and invited be to go with them to a quick dinner and to see Gatsby...went to 5 star burger and since I had been snacking and couldn't eat a burger, I had their shanghai chicken salad.

my sister unexpectedly rang me and invited be to go with them to a quick dinner and to see Gatsby...went to 5 star burger and since I had been snacking and couldn't eat a burger, I had their shanghai chicken salad.

Enjoy the film Beth :)

Ended up with leftovers when I got home from grocery shoppiing. Made salads for both of us but mine was a bigger dinner size. He really liked his salad today. Why? Because I added BACON! :yum: Needed it for my salad to go with the last of the rotisserie chicken, plus added an avocado and mozz cheese. He finished up the last of the sub sandwich after nibbling on a can of kippers with crackers. Eww, kippers = stinky!

Back
Top Bottom