Dinner Friday 25th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having a very simple, easy meal...chicken fingers with a garden salad and coleslaw :)

i never got around to making the chili yesterday (just got the meat browned), so i'll finish it today.

it'll be a fairly quick and simple chili as the beans are canned and i'm using jarred tomato sauce. all i have to do is saute the garlic, onions, and peppers, then let it simmer

Last edited:
Sounds like you are having an easy and quick meal tonight too Tom :)

Our chicken fingers were delicious, very tasty :yum:

Whew, glad to see this thread back on track. Thanks :)

I could have a leftover plate of piccata from last night for dinner, or maybe the last of the chick n bix, but I've got a taste for seafood. It's early, but I think some kind of seafood platter.

Whew is right. Someone needed to be tucked into bed.

And it was probably me. I watched movies all night.

But I already know what's for dinner, so that's something. Continuing on a theme(s) from several days recent, I am making Cornmeal Biscuits served on top of a baked chili stew. It's not a "quick and easy" meal, though not much prep is necessary and it's not a tradtional biscuit recipe. Using leftover yesterday's spiced burger, some chili beans and a spicy tomato sauce. Bake it. I usually make corn bread or corn muffins, except there are no eggs in the house. I found a cornmeal biscuit recipe to try. I guess I will let you know later this afternoon how it goes.

First, it's a little breakfast and then off to bed for me. Really.

Last edited:
I've got some leftover Chilli and Spicy Spinach so tonights dinner will be toasted sandwiches.

Toasted chilli and cheese, spinach and cheese or cheese and tomato. Whatever everyone is in the mood for. It's very hot and I can't get myself to stand in the kitchen for longer than a few minutes lol!

Tamales with pork green chili sauce. The tamales are in the freezer, and I made the green chili Monday, because the store had pork sirloin on sale.

I'll have about 4-quarts of chili left over to vacuum pack and freeze Saturday.

come to think of it, i have some jalapenos that need to be used up, and celery, and a bag of spinach and arrugula as well. so into the chili they'll all go.

but i'm working until 4p, so it'll have to wait.

and then i'm going to bed. :ermm:

:D

Starfruit-Sangria-Serious-Eats-41892-3261.730x410.jpg

Just found a recipe for Star Fruit Sangria. It's so pretty! Think I should make some for hubby's bday on Sunday with our dinner :)

Last edited:
I've got a pork roast thawing. I haven't decided if I want to make pulled pork tomorrow or if I want to make posole (sp) on Sunday. I best make up my mind, the blue hominy needs to soak 48 hours...or, maybe I'll go deep freezer diving and find the ingredients to make some venison-ale stew. I know there is a package of venison stew meat in the freezer. It is so cold here, I am longing for some comfort food.

The kitchen is closed until after vacation. Tonight SO is bringing home Chinese take-out. Tomorrow, vacation eve, we're going out for our meal.

My job in the interim is to leave the kitchen in spic and span condition. I guess that's important in case we die on vacation, then relatives won't see a dirty kitchen. Kinda like always wearing clean underwear when you go out.

I have some ground beef unthawed that I need to use. I'm thinking Chili with the beef, portuguese sausage (linguica), beans and a can of corn. Its been a cool, wet week. Good chili weather.

The kitchen is closed until after vacation. Tonight SO is bringing home Chinese take-out. Tomorrow, vacation eve, we're going out for our meal.

My job in the interim is to leave the kitchen in spic and span condition. I guess that's important in case we die on vacation, then relatives won't see a dirty kitchen. Kinda like always wearing clean underwear when you go out.

A couple of nice easy meal before heading off, sounds good Andy :)

Well its snowing here .. so i wanted to grill something.. but i pulled out some left over taco meat last night.. so burritoes or something...

I think we will be going out for Chinese. Have a hankering for something with bean sprouts. And I want egg rolls, DH does not.

Back
Top Bottom