Dinner Friday 26th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbara, you guys must love your KFC, you seem to have it quite often....do you have one close by? We have one just up the road :)
I do like it, and we do have one close by, but we really don't have it too often (maybe an average of 4 times a year). This was our friends' meal tonight, which they shared with us. :cool:

DW surprised me with Indian takeout last night. She had asked earlier in the day if she could "cook" dinner and then showed up with Pakora, Samosas, Rogan Josh, and Biryani. Yum!

Last edited:
Thanks Vit, Dawg.

It's a T-bone, Vit. That's why the onions and mushrooms are piled on, lol. Not my favorite cut, but it looked more marbled than their ribeyes.

I do like it, and we do have one close by, but we really don't have it too often (maybe an average of 4 times a year). This was our friends' meal tonight, which they shared with us. :cool:

Yes we love it too and it is great when there is one so close by :)

Thanks Vit, Dawg.

It's a T-bone, Vit. That's why the onions and mushrooms are piled on, lol. Not my favorite cut, but it looked more marbled than their ribeyes.

what? you no like T-Bones? t-bone steak was our filet mignon of the day! an' don't trim too much fat off 'em neither.:) when the heck did t-bones go out of favor?

what? you no like T-Bones? t-bone steak was our filet mignon of the day! an' don't trim too much fat off 'em neither.:) when the heck did t-bones go out of favor?

I've always preferred ribeyes, what we used to call Delmonicos, and tenderloins over a strip type steak. Give me a porterhouse and I'll give you one third of a steak I like and the other two thirds not so much :LOL: And since a T bone is missing the loin, it's just not my favorite steak.
But it's still steak :yum:

I've always preferred ribeyes, what we used to call Delmonicos, and tenderloins over a strip type steak. Give me a porterhouse and I'll give you one third of a steak I like and the other two thirds not so much :LOL: And since a T bone is missing the loin, it's just not my favorite steak.
But it's still steak :yum:

oh yehyehyeh ribeyes, pinwheeled with layers of fat (swooon):yum:

but i didn't know nothing about ribeyes then...not until probably about the same time you got to know who george jones was.:)
i don't mind chewing on a steak for a bit if it has a good robust beasty flavor. yeah, like the strip (new york):), and a good top sirloin. and i like to work with a good bone--t-bones are great for that. sure, mignon is tender as a sweet potato, but a center cut chuck steak trumps it for flavor and character, imo...god, how i want a steak now.

You are spot on V :)

Yes, we love our steak and t-bone is one of our faves...and part of the t-bone, the porterhouse is of course another fave

How do you like you steaks cooked V?

In a race between t-bone and porterhouse I'll take the latter. That yummy tenderloin is the best part. I look for the nicest steak with the biggest tenderloin. Oh, I want steak too! Good thing the local grocery store has rib steaks on sale this week. Rib steaks are always acceptable!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom