Dinner Friday 28th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turkey cassrole with a tossed salad--greens, green onion, fresh pineapple, chia seeds with a dressing made of fresh orange juice-EVOO-S&P.

Turkey Casserole

1 package bow-tie pasta
1-2 c frozen peas
4-5 stalks celery
1 onion, diced
1 lb mushrooms, sliced in quarters
1-1/2 c grated cheese (I'm using Monterrey Pepper Jack)
3 c turkey stock
1/2 c sour cream
1-1/2 c bechamel sauce
Frank's Hot sauce (to taste)
4 c chopped, cooked turkey
bread crumbs

Directions:

Cook the pasta with 2 c of the turkey stock. Meanwhile, saute the mushrooms, celery, and onion in about 2 T white wine, sherry, or turkey stock. Drain the pasta, mix everything together except 1/2 c of the cheese and the bread crumbs. Put in large, buttered casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs. We often drizzle more hot sauce on top at this point. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. It is simple, but something I get asked to make quite often.

I sometimes add a finely chopped jalapeno pepper and cranberries. I haven't decided if I'll do that today or not. I haven't assembled it yet.

I don't know what to have tonight. I may just cop out and have take out pizza. I'm not sure yet. :wacko:

i have a top sirloin london broil that i was thinking of either broiling or turning into chili with beans.

the latter will happen only if i get to the store to pick up peppers, onions, and a can of tomatoes. :chef:

i have a top sirloin london broil that i was thinking of either broiling or turning into chili with beans.

the latter will happen only if i get to the store to pick up peppers, onions, and a can of tomatoes. :chef:

Chili sounds good! Maybe I will make chili. I think I have what it takes on hand.:mellow:

I made spaghetti with spicy mince sauce.
We ate so much junk over the holidays I think I'll go on a cabbage soup cleanse from tomorrow.
One way to get my husband back for all his holiday farting lol!

Will put together a cast iron pan of cornbread to go with slow cooking poke chops buried up to their hips in a pot of doctored up bake beans.

Turkey cassrole with a tossed salad--greens, green onion, fresh pineapple, chia seeds with a dressing made of fresh orange juice-EVOO-S&P.

Turkey Casserole

1 package bow-tie pasta
1-2 c frozen peas
4-5 stalks celery
1 onion, diced
1 lb mushrooms, sliced in quarters
1-1/2 c grated cheese (I'm using Monterrey Pepper Jack)
3 c turkey stock
1/2 c sour cream
1-1/2 c bechamel sauce
Frank's Hot sauce (to taste)
4 c chopped, cooked turkey
bread crumbs

Directions:

Cook the pasta with 2 c of the turkey stock. Meanwhile, saute the mushrooms, celery, and onion in about 2 T white wine, sherry, or turkey stock. Drain the pasta, mix everything together except 1/2 c of the cheese and the bread crumbs. Put in large, buttered casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs. We often drizzle more hot sauce on top at this point. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. It is simple, but something I get asked to make quite often.

I sometimes add a finely chopped jalapeno pepper and cranberries. I haven't decided if I'll do that today or not. I haven't assembled it yet.
It turned out quite nice. I did add 2 finely chopped jalapeno peppers and about 3/4 c cranberries. I also added 1 c turkey stock to the bechamel sauce. One could make this using canned cream soup, I just don't like the amount of sodium in canned soups. I also added about 1/2 can of evap milk (leftover from making fudge) and 3/4 of a block of cream cheese (leftover from making a dip for Christmas Eve). Left out the hot sauce since I added the jalapeno peppers. Hot sauce was on the table, however :LOL:. I don't make tuna casserole, so this is my comfort casserole. It makes a big turkey roaster. And, it freezes well. Oops! I forgot the crumbled up bacon on the top!

Last edited:
I tried out a new recipe. I got a sample of Swanson Flavor Boost Concentrated Chicken Broth with a recipe card from ShopRite. The recipe was Chicken with grape tomatoes & mushrooms.

img_1222538_0_ead2d08ff00c405cfd5a40cbc928fccb.jpg

I tried out a new recipe. I got a sample of Swanson Flavor Boost Concentrated Chicken Broth with a recipe card from ShopRite. The recipe was Chicken with grape tomatoes & mushrooms.

I haven't seen that yet. I wonder if it's to compete with College Inn Bold (my goto).
That looks tasty! I love grape tomatoes. I just saw some grape roma tomatoes yesterday, but they were pretty pricey for what I was making.

I haven't seen that yet. I wonder if it's to compete with College Inn Bold (my goto).
That looks tasty! I love grape tomatoes. I just saw some grape roma tomatoes yesterday, but they were pretty pricey for what I was making.
Thank you pac.

We had Pac's creamy Cajun chicken, but I used pork loin (didn't have any chicken breasts) and I used fusilli instead of linguini. That was really good. We will definitely be having that again.

Hi there BT, so good to see you. Hope you had a very happy Christmas.
kades

Back
Top Bottom