Dinner Friday 2nd of November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a pot of Brunswick stew on the stove. It'll cook all day. I'll bake some cornbread with it. Normally we have pulled pork sandwiches but I don't have a pork butt in the freezer and don't feel like messing with it today. So just the stew and bread.

Got a pot of Brunswick stew on the stove. It'll cook all day. I'll bake some cornbread with it. Normally we have pulled pork sandwiches but I don't have a pork butt in the freezer and don't feel like messing with it today. So just the stew and bread.

Sounds fab! I love stew and bread :yum:

am thawing a small container of home made beef vegetable soup. I used a store bought precooked pot roast with all home grown vegetables.

Burgers tonight. We don't have very many more weeks of grilling weather left.

Of course I say that now, but come January and February I'll probably still be standing outside in a parka grilling. :LOL:

Store bought pre-cooked pot roast... I don't think I've seen that around here yet, but I here the new Giant Eagle has a large selection of pre-cooked foods.

I'm still undecided for tonight. I'm kind of leaning towards something with mushroom gravy... maybe meatloaf patties.

Store bought pre-cooked pot roast... I don't think I've seen that around here yet, but I here the new Giant Eagle has a large selection of pre-cooked foods.

I'm still undecided for tonight. I'm kind of leaning towards something with mushroom gravy... maybe meatloaf patties.

It was a Bob Evans product. I live in Bob Evans country, he was born and raised here, so his products are easy to find locally. It is a decent product, even to order it in his restaurants.

Some Curry Chicken & Eggplant. It's a great Thai recipe I came across in a cookbook. Served w/Jasmine Rice, Cheesecake for dessert.

My 2 1/2 - 3 lb tri-tip is almost thawed. If it defrosts in time, the plan is, to brown it on the stovetop, add it to the slow cooker w Pinot Noir, Italian seasoning, sliced onions & garlic. Fingerling potatoes au gratin & steamed brussels sprouts on the side, & cream-filled horns from the bakery.

Yum! I love smoked fish. My favourites are smoked snoek, smoked haddock and ofcourse smoked salmon and trout.......

We cant get haddock over here for some reason...it is upsetting for Steve as he is form England and used to eat haddock over there all the time :(

We are going to a fish market today...hopefully we can find some there :)

going to throw some chicken breasts on the grill .. wifey has asked for hashbrowns .. will cook some of those .. and a veggie of some sorts ...

Sloppy joes -- leftovers from earlierthis week. They taste the same as the first time. Red jello with bananas and frozen strawberries

We had a French omelette with the last of the garden green onions and Gruyère. Fresh whole grain baguette for me and whole grain round loaf bread for Stirling. I didn't have time for more time consuming food prep. Gotta get ready for dinner guests tomorrow.

That sounds interesting Chef...I have never thought of eggplant in a curry...I like ;)
Have you checked the frozen food section? Haddock might not be local. If it's frozen, it should be almost as good as fresh, since they freeze on the boats right after catching and prepping it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom