Dinner Friday 3-6-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't usually have it on St. Paddy's Day, but when they're on sale this time of year, I always try to pick one up to stick in the freezer for Reubens and what not.

Reubens are the main reason I buy corned beef! :LOL: Good rye bread, a jar of sauerkraut, sliced swiss cheese, and dill pickle spears are always on my shopping list this time of year. :yum:

Himself and I gimped and limped our way through two grocery stores to get a week's worth done in one day. By the time we were done all we did was swing by a local pizza shop and pick up a plain cheese pie.

They are on sale here at $1.97 lb. Next week they will be even cheaper due to St. Paddy's Day...
Do tell where you were able to find corned beef for only $1.97, Addie! The absolute lowest price I've seen by us is what Market Basket will be selling them for next week - $2.99 for points, $4.29 for flats. Since we don't like points, I'm considering "corning" the $1.49 a pound boneless chicken breasts on sale at the corner store.

I guess you haven't been around for a while, Linda. Yes, I've been low carb for about 4 months now, and have lost 52 pounds. :)
Congratulations on the weight loss. But, isn't that a bit fast? I think it is usually considered best to keep it to max 2 lbs/week.

Congratulations on the weight loss. But, isn't that a bit fast? I think it is usually considered best to keep it to max 2 lbs/week.

That's a consideration on normal calorie reduction diets, because there's a risk of losing muscle mass. On a Ketogenic diet, which is the one I am on, you are consuming enough protein so that doesn't happen. In fact, just the opposite, I'm on a weight training program and have added muscle mass.

Besides, I'm currently only losing around 1 to 1.5 lbs/wk. A lot of what came off at first was water weight.

Back
Top Bottom