Dinner Friday 3-6-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I'm still feeling well enough, I'm going to a surprise birthday party at our favourite Chinese resto.

Chef Munky, at first I thought you were a Floridian by your first remark but see later that probably isn't so. Our temps were 85 three days, the the high today is 51 and very windy - too much to cook out.

SO won't be home 'til late so I'm cooking for one. On the menu tonight is a recipe my mom used to make for us. It's a hearty soup made with ground beef, broth, shells and mint. Plain yogurt is mixed individually into serving bowls.

Chef Munky, at first I thought you were a Floridian by your first remark but see later that probably isn't so. Our temps were 85 three days, the the high today is 51 and very windy - too much to cook out.

Sorry,not a Floridian.
It was 80 here yesterday.Should hit close to that again today.
Spring has sprung.Time to annoy my neighbors. :ohmy::LOL:

We are having my soon to be famous Lime and Tangerine boneless/ skinless Chicken breasts. Sauté, then finish in the oven with sauce poured over. Never made before, so it's an experiment. One of the recipes I referenced, said to make tangerine Supremes. I said I might as well just Juice them and call it good. What I will do is remove as many little whilte membrane threads as possible, much more workable. (seeds = fiber, I guess) Along with this, we are having Steve K's Chili- lime sweet potatoes, only I'm using sliced carrots instead of the sweets, frozen peas and a salad, if we want. DxW baked chocolate chip cookies today too!

Here's one recipe I looked at,

Lime and Tangerine Chicken Breasts - Recipe.com

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/chili-lime-sweet-potatoes-82287.html

Last edited:
Leftovers from yesterday's tri tip 'kabobs. I'll gently warm the cubed beef and veggies, sprinkle with Penzey's fajita seasoning, wrap it all in a warmed flour tortilla, and call it good. Can't let all that goodness go to waste.

Munky...thanks for sharing Steve's sweet potato recipe. That sounds awesome. :yum:

Last edited:
I put my boots on to go out. I walked around a little. Nope, I can wear boots yet. So, no Chinese for me tonight. I'll have a BLT.

Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry here (no rice, though). :yum:

img_1412102_0_6968694451b84c37f590ab988e6d7536.jpg

Leftovers from yesterday's tri tip 'kabobs. I'll gently warm the cubed beef and veggies, sprinkle with Penzey's fajita seasoning, wrap it all in a warmed flour tortilla, and call it good. Can't let all that goodness go to waste.

Munky...thanks for sharing Steve's sweet potato recipe. That sounds awesome. :yum:

I'm so sorry.....that was Whisk that shared Steve's yummy sounding sweet potato recipe. :huh: Thank you, Whisk.

I saw some great deals on corned beef at Albertson's yesterday. I'll have to go back tomorrow and grab a couple. :)

They are on sale here at $1.97 lb. Next week they will be even cheaper due to St. Paddy's Day. I cooked one tonight and bought one for the freezer. I thought of waiting 'til next week to buy them, but I am not always sure I can get to the store. So I buy it whenever the opportunity rises. :angel:

I've been battling a nasty chest cold and sadly haven't had any sense of taste for the last couple days. To my hubby's credit, he whipped up a batch of my favourite oven potatoes to try to make me feel better. Potatoes are cut into bite-sized pieces and parboiled. Then they are tossed in oil and hubby's patented mix of herbs, and put onto an oiled cookie sheet. They get flipped repeatedly throughout the baking process so all sides end up super crispy, but still fluffy inside. They are heavenly!!

Sadly, I could only stomach a few. But if I'm feeling better tomorrow I plan on eating the leftovers for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom