Dinner Friday 30th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight its cajun beer battered trout, baked potato and a medley of wild, red and brown rice. I'll mix a cocktail sauce or aoli to go with the fish.
39817-albums933-picture5238.jpg

Everyone's food looks & sounds so wonderful. Feeling a bit lazy. Tonight will be simple. Split Pea Soup, Green Salad, Grilled Ham&Cheese Sandwiches.

I made a patty melt with cheddar and caramelized onions on 12 grain bread that I grilled in the burger grease. Bad but don't tell. It gets worse, also a coke and a slice of apple pie I made 2 days ago.

We went to a Japanese restaurant - it was delicious. We each had a spicy cucumber salad; DH had octopus gyozo, I had shrimp and vegetable tempura, and we shared a dragon roll.

Whiskadoodle said:
I made a patty melt with cheddar and caramelized onions on 12 grain bread that I grilled in the burger grease. Bad but don't tell. It gets worse, also a coke and a slice of apple pie I made 2 days ago.

I love a good patty melt! Yum!

We had meatball pizza tonight.

Whisk, I am loving the sound of all that :yum: Especially the apple pie ;)

We went out for dinner, a local restaurant sent me a gift certificate for my birthday and today was the last day it could be used. I had Schnitzel Oscar it was a very large pork schnitzel topped with Asparagus, crab and Béarnaise sauce., served with roasted red pepper garlic mashed potatoes, red cabbage and green beans. DH had the Bavarian Platter, it was schnitzel, a smoked pork chop and 1 bratwurst served with red cabbage, German fried potatoes, sauerkraut and green beans. We were both pleased, it sure beat that lobster dinner I had on my birthday....the one serves with 3 green beans and butter for dipping that wasn't melted ;) lol!

image-1426897901.jpg

image-2652985459.jpg

Last edited:
We went out for dinner, a local restaurant sent me a gift certificate for my birthday and today was the last day it could be used. I had Schnitzel Oscar it was a very large pork schnitzel topped with Asparagus, crab and Béarnaise sauce., served with roasted red pepper garlic mashed potatoes, red cabbage and green beans. DH had the Bavarian Platter, it was schnitzel, a smoked pork chop and 1 bratwurst served with red cabbage, German fried potatoes, sauerkraut and green beans. We were both pleased, it sure beat that lobster dinner I had on my birthday....the one serves with 3 green beans and butter for dipping that wasn't melted ;) lol!

View attachment 16458

View attachment 16459

both of your dinners look soo appetizing and HUGE--don't you just love bavarian size dinner portions? sb, how about we declare this to be your official birthday meal--after all, it Was a birthday gift, right? and file the other away to tell as amusing (by now) stories of 'failed' b-day outings, at social gatherings. you know, sb, just like you've already been doing here at dc.:):) live to eat and to laugh....

...looks like a great place for a return engagement, and don't forget that extra order of potato pancakes to take home:yum:....

S&P, a cook after my own heart with two startches :chef:

The Bavarian platter looks fantastic Somebun. A little bit of everything in the meat department, breaded, smoked and the sausage. Very nice.

Last night I went to start the roasted garlic for the sandwich spread and only had 3/4 of a bulb left :ohmy: so I reheated the previous night's picatta. I'll get to the brats tonight.

SB, that looks wonderful

View attachment 16458

View attachment 16459

Ribeyes on the grill, creamed spinach, baked taters and sauted mushies and onions.

Back
Top Bottom