Dinner Friday 30th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Hey guys :)

Tonight we are having chicken tacos :yum:

This will be the first time we have had them with chicken and we always usually have beef mince, so we will chuck a chicken breast in the food processor and mince it up :)

Here is our chicken tacos, they were delicious :yum:

We served them on the table Jamie Oliver style, very rustic :)

P1000735.jpg

We already had those tonight. ;)

Seriously Kyllie, what am I having tonight? I'm going to go to sleep in a few minutes but you have all day to wonder what Greg will have for dinner tonight. You'd be a real dearie if you put in the next 8 hours computing that, forward your suggestions to me, and I'll have 9 more hours to fine tune it and shop if necessary. It's nice that I have weekdays off so I can go shopping when the supermarkets are all deserted. I get weekends off too but so does everybody else so it's all crowded. I think they should just make working people work 7 days a week so that I can go shopping Saturday and Sunday too. I have two secrets to quick shopping trips: 1. go to the market on week days, fewer people there. 2. park on the roof, fewer cars there. ;)

Wait Kylie, I just had a brain storm! Maybe a brain shower... (We are having light showers here as I type this, very soothing, intermittent rain hitting the roof.) 86 the thinking all day what Greg is going to have for dinner! I bought a couple frozen duck leg+thighs a few weeks ago, at 99 Ranch (Asian market). I looked in the freezer and they hadn't escaped (although they were way, way in the back) and found them cowering behind the frozen squid rings. I grabbed them (they don't mind being grabbed, they're dead, or at least I hope so) and set them out on the counter to thaw. Maybe I should set them outside. If we have a lightning strike then not only would it thaw them, but they'd be cooked for me too. Too bad I can't time that so the lightning would strike about 5:30, just in time to serve them. But they won't. People talk about the weather all the time, but nobody ever does anything about it. So Kylie, while I'm sleeping please figure out how to make the lightning strike at exactly 5:30.

So now what way to cook it? Maybe my subconscious will figure it out while I'm sleeping...

Leftovers again here tonight. Need to clear out the fridge and I have painting to get done for a craft show this weekend, so cooking is off the menu until Monday. It will be take away this weekend.

I just put a chuck roast in the crockpot. I'm hoping to have a version of Italian beef sandwiches for supper. Since DH despises peppers, I'm kind of experimenting. I put the roast in, added a can of undiluted Campbell's French Onion soup, about 3 cloves of minced garlic, and about a tablespoon of Italian seasoning. I'll let it cook all day and hopefully it will be ready to shred by supper time. I'll make some beefy rice to go with it and salads.

I'm going to pick up a package of Johnsonville brats... another processed meat... and grill them. I'll serve them on a toasted sub roll slathered with a roasted garlic/mayo/spicy mustard spread and add some sauteed peppers, onions and potatoes.

Well here I am again, puffy eyed and scraggly tailed (I've had only a few sips of coffee, brain not up to normal caffeine operating level yet), it's still duck legs/thighs, and they must have been dead because they were still in the same place on the counter. So I put them in the fridge and I'm open to suggestions on how to cook two leg-thighs.

Actually 7 hours sleep is not bad for me! I wish I could do this every night. It was probably dreaming about Kylie's tacos that put me to sleep; comfort food. I put the computer in hybernation, left it on this topic. You don't think I could find a topic within 10 minutes of waking up, do you? I'm lucky to find the computer in that amount of time. It takes me a whole minute just to find the switch for the coffee maker. (I set it up each night before bed so that all it needs is a click of the switch to begin making the divine elixir that allows me to wake up in less than half a day.)

I bought the duck 3-4 weeks ago figuring I would find a recipe before D-day, and now here are on D-day and no recipe... That's the problem with making decisions when you're sleepy. Planning ability is nil by then. At 1:21 a.m. there's only one plan: go to sleep! :)

Last edited:
I think it will be salmon with brown rice and a green vegetable to be named after I come back from the store! :LOL:

I think I'll do burgers on the Griddler tonight. I have sesame noodles for a side and maybe a salad.

Tonight we are having tilapia pan seared with a pecan parmesan crust, onion and potato torta, and roasted asparagus. Simple and yum, that's my motto.

I had planned on chicken cutlets over pasta with marinara. But apparently, some family members called and we are going out instead. So I'm dressed and ready to go now, having no idea where the evening will take us. So for Saturday Dec 1, I guess I'll make chicken cutlets.

Tonight its cajun beer battered trout, baked potato and a medley of wild, red and brown rice. I'll mix a cocktail sauce or aoli to go with the fish.

Gee that sounds delicious S&P...love beer battered fish but that cajun seasoning sounds nice too :yum:

The tacos look great, Kylie!

We're heading for a fund raising Trivia night, and it's bring food to share with the table. I made CP (crock pot) split pea with ham soup to share.

Here is our chicken tacos, they were delicious :yum:
They sure look delicious, Kylie!

Tonight is homemade Thai Curry and Spring Rolls. Mrs. K is still out of town and I was a little bored, so I did what I always do when bored: I cook. The spring rolls turned out pretty good but I may have spiced up the curry a little much. I finished eating 20 minutes ago and my mouth is still on fire. :eek:

img_1212859_0_853192d4b343e12a4018e0a71f31dc4d.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom