Dinner Friday 3rd May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making some pork rissoles and having them with steamed savoy cabbage and broccoli and a cheese sauce

Simple simple tonight.
Ham and egg pie. 1 layer of puff pastry in the bottom of a pie pan.
A thick layer of forest ham then 6 eggs pricking each yoke then more forest ham and top with another layer of puff pastry.
Super easy and quick. I might make some home fries while the pie is cooking.

I will be at the SW Air cargo terminal at FLL around 1:45 pm to pick up the 40# sack of crawfish I ordered yesterday. Got the cooker ready, full gas cylinder and all the fixins. Ice cold Abita Amber and Cave Creek to lubricate the pickin.:)

planning on a pizza tonight; no knead crust, some of my home canned pizza sauce I slepped half way across the country, smoked ham, carmelized onions and garlic, mixed cheeses..

Must-goes. A veritable cornucopia of...leftovers. The pork chops need dolling up so I'll probably saute an apple or two for a side. Other than that there are a couple grilled chicken breasts, broasted chicken, BBQ beef or yesterday's rice dish that need to be worked through. Show up at my place with either a big salad or a fresh veggie and we'll let you join us!

Le boil pot. Needs to come to a rolling boil.

36788-albums799-picture5479.jpg

Le mudbugs. They need a couple more rinses and a 15 minute salty water purge.

36788-albums799-picture5480.jpg

To be continued.

I'll probably munch on some leftover chicken thighs from the other night. And last night I grilled some extra potato halves, so I'll nuke a couple of those as well.

It looks like Craig's ship came in , erhm, Plane landed per schedule. :yum: What do you boil those babies in, if I may ask, and what is considered an avg adult serving? And for us gringos, do we need to suck the heads off?

--
As for me, it's browned then baked Svedish meatballs ( enhanced with some all-spice and cardamom) in gravy, mash taters, and a greek salad. I picked up some kalamata olives and feta today and have tomatoes, onion, cuke and radish in the frig and an oil vinegar garlic dressing is easy to shake together.
--
It's been snowing, raining and sleet all day. I have a line on some old movies and can stay up as late as I want. As if the last part is any different than any other day. It just seems like a good thing to do on a blustery night.

It is time to start supper and I still don't have a clue. It will have to be something fast, and that I don't have to defrost. It also has to be something that takes almost no physical movement. Maybe Gorton's fish fillets and baked potatoes. I have been having horrible upper back spasms today. I have been having them for over a year, but they had just been hitting quickly and then they were gone. Today literally just breathing has been setting them off, and they are hitting hard and long. Ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer have helped quite a bit, but not completely, and the muscle relaxer really threw me for a loop this time. Maybe I can talk James into going to pick up a pizza if I order it online. We can't afford it really, but that may be how we have to go. :huh:

Oh dear, Barbara, feel better soon!

We both have a hankering for Mexican, now to figure out if we go to our usual place or branch out.

Bought some thin steaks cut for stir fry. They are cooking in some worcestershire sauce and will get served on sub buns with cheese, sauteed mushrooms, caramalized onions, tomatoes and steak sauce or mayo. Have some potato salad for a side.

I think I'm just going to make some breaded chicken cutlets and a salad. I'm feeling uninspired today.

Thank you everyone. :flowers: I am still having them occasionally, but not like this morning. I will take another muscle relaxer before bed. Hopefully it won't be bad in the morning. We are supposed to go to a party for a friend's about-to-be 3-year-old.

For supper I ended up baking a couple potatoes, and I cooked some cubed ham and stir-fry vegetables together on the stove.

Le Vegis

36788-albums799-picture5482.jpg

Le mudbugs, ready to eat.

36788-albums799-picture5483.jpg

We only ate a couple of pounds and picked the tail meat from the rest for etouffee and these wonderful grilled pizzas.

Back
Top Bottom