Dinner Friday, 4-3-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be making grilled cheese sandwiches. Going to roast a couple kinds of mushrooms, caramelize an onion, decide on our cheese(s) later, and griddle it up between slices of sourdough bread. I'm planning on salads along side, mostly to use up an assortment of greens, but it's damp and penetrating today. Maybe a quick soup, maybe not, in place of the salad.

Who else has plans?

I just cooked up some Ling Ling potstickers with some "reconditioned" Trader Ming's gyoza dipping sauce. Added a bit of brown sugar and some sriracha in order to extend the dregs at the bottom of the bottle.

Another night of veggies (tomato, zucchini, potato, methi, black beans, green beans, green peas, sweet corn) seasoned with typical Indian seasonings on top of steamed brown basmati rice.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it is called.

A little can of chopped green chilies, grated cheddar cheese and eggs baked in a casserole.

Damn! It's Good Friday and I forgot about hot cross buns!

Had a rather chaotic (but successful) day so missed breakfast (no time) and grabbed sausage, egg and bacon on an (English) muffin for lunch from the stables café and a can of Aldi carrot and coriander soup when I got home at 8pm as I was too tired to bother with anything else.

Last edited:
We're having cod with sautéed sliced zucchini and potatoes.

We'll have to set aside some of the cod for our oldest kitty, Tatiana, who turned 9 today! That's the only human food she likes, and she only gets it on her birthday. I'm sure the other two will want some as well.

Sounds like Chili Relleno casserole to me Bea. Here's my just slightly more involved recipe..

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/goooood-chili-relleno-casserole-74641.html:zorro:Ole' !!

That's almost exactly how I make chile relleno casserole! :yum: It's very similar to my mom's recipe from 40+ years ago. Next time I make it, I'm going to have to add the cumin and Mexican oregano as you do yours, Kay. Sounds great!

That's it!

Mine is a pretty basic 1970's quickie! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

4 oz can of diced green chilies, drained.
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese divided.
2 eggs
a dollop of sour cream if you have it.

Reserve 1/4 cup of cheese for the topping, mix all other ingredients and pour into a small casserole coated with cooking spray, top with reserved cheese and bake at 350 until set, approx. 25-30 minutes.

I used to double or triple the recipe and bake it in a ready made pie shell.

Last edited:
halibut po'boy,w/ wasabi mayo, Italian rice balls.
img_1416398_0_b6220ac0d1bd4ff52a7129c49640c718.jpg

I had take out Chinese and Karen had take out Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom