"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Tonight's homemade pizza night. Toppings include homemade sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, hot peppers, homemade sauerkraut, and cheese, might throw some black olives on.
I've never heard of sauerkraut on pizza, but why not? I like something tart on pizza and often use marinated artichoke hearts.....that's good too.

We also made Pizza tonight...sliced Italian ring sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, white onion rings, sliced green olives and lots of fresh mozzarella sliced cheese.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post

I've never heard of sauerkraut on pizza, but why not? I like something tart on pizza and often use marinated artichoke hearts.....that's good too.

We also made Pizza tonight...sliced Italian ring sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, white onion rings, sliced green olives and lots of fresh mozzarella sliced cheese.
Ooh, Kayelle, you're missing something. Kraut and Canadian bacon pizza, yum! We have a local chain, Happy Joe's, and they do it well.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #33
Master Chef

Making Ralph tonight.

Ralph! you say.

Yep Ralph. My kids loved it. My DW loves it. My DW's family loved it. They taught me how to make it. I modified it slightly. And it's yummy. If anyone wants to know how to make this tasty dish, just ask.

Sometimes, not as often, but sometimes, I make Norton. It's yummy too.

And that's all I'm saying for now.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #34
Head Chef

Rainbow trout with a white wine/butter/scallion sauce. Roasted broccoli and brown rice on the side.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #35
Sous Chef

Pizza Hut is on it's way. Too much to do today to think about menu's. I had to go with my son and buy his books for next semester. Four books, $480. Unbelievable. =o)
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #36
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Pork Egg Rolls and two clementines, coffee.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Toasted breakfast burgers! What are those?
I make the burgers with toasted sourdough bread with a beef burger patty, a fried egg, some crispy bacon, grilled tomato, relish and a few slices of gherkin on top.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post

When I worked in a pizza place way back when, one of the house specials was a Canadian bacon-sauerkraut pizza with black olives. The kraut goes on top of the sauce if you put the sauce on before the other toppings. To last night's pizzas (we always make 2 so we have leftovers), we ended up adding some sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, jalapeno peppers, and pickled hot peppers (homemade) and some grated Monterey Pepper Jack cheese. The crust was really nice, just the way we like it. I have 2 slices I plan on eating for lunch. If I can resist eating them right away, I'll post a pic of those.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

c o

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
When I worked in a pizza place way back when, one of the house specials was a Canadian bacon-sauerkraut pizza with black olives. The kraut goes on top of the sauce if you put the sauce on before the other toppings. To last night's pizzas (we always make 2 so we have leftovers), we ended up adding some sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, jalapeno peppers, and pickled hot peppers (homemade) and some grated Monterey Pepper Jack cheese. The crust was really nice, just the way we like it. I have 2 slices I plan on eating for lunch. If I can resist eating them right away, I'll post a pic of those.
This is a pic of the leftover pizza from last night. It was just as good for lunch as it was for dinner last night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza 015.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	16757  
Old 01-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
Rainbow trout with a white wine/butter/scallion sauce. Roasted broccoli and brown rice on the side.
Gee that sounds good Merstar

Tags
dinner