Dinner Friday, 5-19-2017, what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had wild rice, corn, carrot, onion, garlic, andouille soup. It was really good, but my picture won't post for some reason, will try again later.

Grilled country-style ribs dressed with cajun seasoning and BBQ sauce with a side of ranch bacon pasta salad.

Oh, tenspeed....you just had to mention the great Ella...I love her songs! :wub: I just added several to my playlist. :)

This evening's dinner was pickin's from a rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday, and a fruit salad of watermelon, mango, kiwifruit, and purple grapes. I haven't cooked, roasted, or baked an actual 'recipe' meal in quite some time....:ermm::huh: There are so many here I want to try, and scale them down to one or two, with just enough leftovers for another meal or two. Right now I'm just trying to use up produce. :)

Last edited:
Just grazin' tonight. I need to clean the kitchen so I can mess it up again this weekend. :LOL:

CD

We were at the new place today, scoping out things for tomorrow's move. So, we stopped in at our favourite Asian restaurant on our way back to the "old place". When our waitress found out we were moving she was worried we wouldn't be coming anymore. TB looked it up and it is 12.6 km from the old place and 11.3 from the new one!

007.JPG

Geez!
I'm finding that how we eat is now called "Whole 30" or "Clean Eating",
well, we just call it pretty darn good food.

Grilled B/S Chicken Thighs with my house-made Greek Seasoning,
Roasted Baby Dutch Potatoes with EVOO, granulated Garlic and S&P,
and then Quick Sauteed Brussel Sprouts Our Way

So good!

Dessert to follow ...

Love Miss Ella's version, and she sings in at pitch I can sing . :LOL: Most times I can't hit the high notes anymore.

No catfish jumpin' here, and the only cotton that is high is the load of cotton laundry that needs to get done. Busy day washing down the porch, a few more windows and screens (20 windows sounds so nice until you have to wash frames, screens, glass...), so we just picked here, too. I had some chicken egg rolls in the freezer, along with a box of Trader Joe's Aranici Balls. Heated them up. While the oven was going, I also roasted some raw almonds. Put out a bunch of cheeses and two kinds of crackers, fruit, and dried figs and called it supper.

Attachments

• 20170519_224723.jpg
    20170519_224723.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 155
View attachment 26889

Geez!
I'm finding that how we eat is now called "Whole 30" or "Clean Eating",
well, we just call it pretty darn good food.

Grilled B/S Chicken Thighs with my house-made Greek Seasoning,
Roasted Baby Dutch Potatoes with EVOO, granulated Garlic and S&P,
and then Quick Sauteed Brussel Sprouts Our Way

So good!

Dessert to follow ...
Heh. Your dessert pretty much negates the Whole 30 diet. Grains, dairy, sugar, legumes and alcohol are not allowed. So no beer or wine, either! [emoji38]

DH was out golfing last night and went to dinner with friends afterward, so it was just me. I roasted a couple of chicken breasts in the toaster oven with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning under and over the skin, cooked a potato in the microwave and snacked on marinated cucumbers and grilled bell peppers from the night before. That was a tasty dinner :yum:

grazed here too. Two small lobsters was in the freezer - done. Two chicken thighs from Thursday - done. Bag of really good cantaloupe - done. one ear of boiled corn - done. Wasn't bad.

Back
Top Bottom