Dinner Friday 5th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bt, my 'clueless' was not meant to describe you at all. i was venturing a guess as to why the korean women might be so critical in their assessment of their american customers. so, i guess i'm the clueless one, not understanding the reason or meaning for the korean's expressions of dislike toward americans, especially ones who are seen to display an appreciation of their cuisine with their patronage and their dollars.

thank you for the interesting article. insulation vs. assimilation is a tug-of-war that plays out in most ethnic neighborhoods, i think, and not without a certain amount of divisiveness and contention.

how did you find your korean restaurant in the first place? did your korean friend from work introduce you to it, or recommend it?

once again. i'm sorry if you felt i was insulting you, bt. and of course kimchi chronicles is just television, an entertaining food show--not reality.
i only meant that as a joke. (that you ruined the show for me):)
not to worry, bt. all my life people haven't gotten my jokes. as you can see, that hasn't stopped me yet....:)

BT, I look kinda Asian, so I usually get the opposite reaction in Asian restos and get extra good service. On the other hand, once in a blue moon the server is so offended by me "fooling them into thinking I'm Asian", that I get crappier service than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom