Dinner Friday 5th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
today is dw's birthday, so after i've bugged the crap out of her as to where she wants to go for dinner, she says korean bbq. of all of the stinkin' joints in and around nyc, she wants to have obsessive korean women sling plates of banchan on our table, and frown on her for allowing me to use the tongs to flip the meat on the center table charcoal grill (which i glare at them and grunt "unn, unn", a way of telling a lesser person no), but then have to smile and ask for more banchan, especially bean paste, scallions, and lettuce leaves for rolling the grilled meats.

it's a stressful but delicious multi-cultural experience all in one.

whatever the light of my life, my moon and stars wants, she will get.

today is dw's birthday, so after i've bugged the crap out of her as to where she wants to go for dinner, she says korean bbq. of all of the stinkin' joints in and around nyc, she wants to have obsessive korean women sling plates of banchan on our table, and frown on her for allowing me to use the tongs to flip the meat on the center table charcoal grill (which i glare at them and grunt "unn, unn", a way of telling a lesser person no), but then have to smile and ask for more banchan, especially bean paste, scallions, and lettuce leaves for rolling the grilled meats.

it's a stressful but delicious multi-cultural experience all in one.

whatever the light of my life, my moon and stars wants, she will get.

Happy Birthday to your DW :) Have fun!

Friday nights are always special, dh is a away during the week. But I rarely know when he will be home, it could be seven pm or it could be after midnight. I have an elderly parent living with us too, so often end up making something dh can have later.

I'm boiling a ham in cola and serving it with small baked potatoes (have to be small in any case, no 'meal' sized ones available because of the poor weather), corn fritters, and slightly bizarrely, asparagus as that's what we have that's green.

Were probably going to be eating out. The Head Hunter's (My sarcastic opinion of Dr's) want to have a good look at my eyesight.

News has it that the 5guys burgers? has opened up. Maybe we might go there and see. I'll let you know what one is best. At least 1 out of 5 has to be good. :ROFLMAO: Don't disappoint me. :LOL:

Doubt I'll feel like cooking aftwer wards. I hear my B-day present is arriving early today. Hubby might want to bring me straight home. So really who knows.

Happy B-day to your wife BT. Eat up!

If my energy level stays up, we'll have pizza for dinner. Otherwise, stuff from the freezer.

I do the subtraction method. Once one hits 39, one subtrates a year until at the "real age" of 78, one is back to zero. Works for me!

Once my Mom turned 32 she stayed 32 forever. On her 64th birthday my DH performed the annual "how old are ya Mom?" ritual and got her standard reply - to which he said "which half?" He lived - Mom and Mr. Wonderful had a very special MIL/SonIL relationship.:flowers:

I'm making salad, French bread pizza to use up the last of the loaf we had with pork last night, and I'm going to attempt to duplicate the Irish Potato Pizza our favorite Irish pub makes. Think non-greasy potato skins baked on a cast iron pan topped with bacon, minced mushrooms, scallions, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. I have a Tintern cheddar with shallots and chives I think I'll use.

...News has it that the 5guys burgers? has opened up. Maybe we might go there and see. I'll let you know what one is best. At least 1 out of 5 has to be good. :ROFLMAO: Don't disappoint me. :LOL:...

IMO the burgers at 5Guys are acceptable, but the fries are worth driving tens of miles out of the way to get! I'm not a french fry eater but I do enjoy theirs. We also found out that if you compliment them profusely about the fries they put even MORE in the bag. Not a bad deal since they are the only commercial fries we have found that actually taste great after reheating in a very hot oven.

today is dw's birthday....
...whatever the light of my life, my moon and stars wants, she will get.

You, Sir, are a gem of a husband. Or at least you play a gem of a husband on DC. Hope your honey has a great birthday!
party-smiley-015.gif

Happy Birthday to Bucky's moon and stars!

Munky, 5 guys burgers are pretty good and they have all sorts of toppings to choose from so you can get whatever you like on it! And yes the fries are excellent! Word of warning though, DH and I only ever order 1 side of fries and we have leftovers even then. And DH can put away the fries!

I have a pork roast I'll throw in the oven. I hope to do up some kind of potato with it and have salads.

Back
Top Bottom