Dinner Friday 5th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some ground beef to do something with. I recently saw a recipe for bacon cheeseburgers where the bacon and cheese are added to the beef BEFORE cooking on the grill. It sounds good so I may try that tonight. I'm also in the mood some unstuffed cabbage rolls casserole but don't have the cabbage and don't want to go to the store for the 4th day this week.

We are having our breakfast late and our main meal is around 1 so it will be fairly light. I have some turkey cutlets and I think I will grill them and serve with raw veggies.

I am going to a card making party tonight and it is a potluck. I am taking salad (spinach and strawberries, but seeing as the main is quiche and I can't have gluten, eggs or dairy, I will be taking some tuna salad made with eggless no soy mayo (actually quite good).

We are having our breakfast late and our main meal is around 1 so it will be fairly light. I have some turkey cutlets and I think I will grill them and serve with raw veggies.

I am going to a card making party tonight and it is a potluck. I am taking salad (spinach and strawberries, but seeing as the main is quiche and I can't have gluten, eggs or dairy, I will be taking some tuna salad made with eggless no soy mayo (actually quite good).

My sister made a wonderful salad with baby spinach, blueberries, strawberries, chopped walnuts and shredded cheddar cheese (I know you can't have dairy) with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I could have made a meal of that alone!

I'm sort of re-working yesterday's leftovers too Hank. Tacos with cold grilled chicken, avocados, cowboy caviar ( extra jalapenos added) in soft corn tortillas, icy cold sliced watermelon and chocolate chip cookies.

Leftovers! We have a ton of food left from our big annual "4th" celebration. We usually entertain many of our car club friends after the car show, as well as some local town folk, but our crowd was smaller this year, so lots of country style BBQ ribs, tater salad and broccoli cauliflower salad, oh and baked beans to consume. Then for dessert, red, white and blue Crisp. DH's specialty, but he must have had one too many "wobbly pops" last night because he forgot to serve it.....ermm or maybe we just got too engrossed in the fireworks ;)

image-853981773.jpg

Pizza on the BBQ
39817-albums933-picture5569.jpg

Leftovers here too. I try to have them on hand when I grocery shop. That way I don't have to cook when I get home from shopping and I'm not tempted to bring home a rotisserie chicken yet again! Himself finished the last little bit of Italian sausage/peppers/onions and then had the half stuffed green pepper with some rice on the side. Still had a full pepper and rice left, so I put it in the freezer for another time. I had the burger from last night, loaded, but skipped the bun since I had a couple potato planks we grilled. Now that I've shopped I can start collecting leftovers all over again! :LOL:

Leftovers!....Then for dessert, red, white and blue Crisp. DH's specialty, but he must have had one too many "wobbly pops" last night because he forgot to serve it.....ermm or maybe we just got too engrossed in the fireworks ;)

"Wobbly pops" :ROFLMAO:

I have some ground beef to do something with. I recently saw a recipe for bacon cheeseburgers where the bacon and cheese are added to the beef BEFORE cooking on the grill. It sounds good so I may try that tonight...

I like to buy several pounds of ground beef to make and freeze burgers for another time. Often I'll saute chopped onions or diced mushrooms and add one of those to the raw meat. Like to include shredded mozz with the mushrooms. The burgers turn out so yummy and you don't have to worry about those toppings sliding off the burger when you add lettuce and tomato.

Back
Top Bottom