Dinner Friday 7th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're trying an experiment. It will be an open faced sandwich with kind of a deconstructed onion soup. We took 2 chicken breast halves, sliced in half and pounded to 1/4" thickness. Marinated in olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. It will be grilled. We bought a loaf of Tuscan bread with a garlic infusion. This will be sliced , toasted on the grill and topped with the chicken and caramelized onions. Grated gruyere cheese will be added on top of the onions and chicken. This will be grilled until the cheese melts.

A zucchini, carrot and yellow squash saute will be a side dish.

We call that a chicken melt around here, Craig. A tasty open-faced sandwich for sure :yum: Nice technique you are using. Anything done on the grill makes it better.

I'm thinking chimichitos. It depends on the condition of my tortillas.

DH and I are disagreeing about where to go out for dinner. He wants "something light" and I didn't have time for lunch, so I'm hungry! Me: Mexican. DH: Chinese. We shall see.

Edit: Mexican it is! DH got his light Pollo Ajillo, I got my enchiladas Indigenous. Win win.

Last edited:
Grilled chicken with melted cheese and bacon on top.. some kind of tater on the side...

I mentioned a desire to make meatballs and DH immediately asked for Swedish meatballs. It's almost ready and I will serve it over buttered egg noodles with steamed green beans.

I'm making frikadeller with rødkål (Danish red cabbage), and mashed potatoes with leftover beef gravy.
IMG_3374.JPG

I'm thinking of those DCers who don't want their food touching and that danged gravy wandered into the rødkål.

Back
Top Bottom